NFL settles collusion lawsuits with Kaep, Reid

NashvilleNinja

2 minutes ago, Huston said:

I bet he plays as soon as this year.

I'd be really surprised if he ever plays again.  Right now, the media has made him into a social justice martyr and Nike has invested into that.  If Kaepernick comes back and plays poorly, that narrative turns into the teams knew what they were doing by not signing him.  He no longer will have that street cred.  People have forgotten than his teams are 11-24 in his last 35 games as a starter and than Blaine Gabbert replaced him as the starter in 2015 and then beat him out in TC in 2016 under a different coaching staff.

To me, this settlement means his NFL career is over.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Journeyman? He played for the same team his entire career.    I think his style was figured out but he was a fringe starter who would easily be a top backup. Yours is a typical right wing ta

Wait how may of you knuckleheads said there was no collusion going on and that he just sucked lol.

Collusion or no collusion, the guy was a journeyman backup at best. The fact that his politics and the politics of the various NFL owners clashed doesn''t negate that fact. Kaepernick always knew it w

18 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I'd be really surprised if he ever plays again.  Right now, the media has made him into a social justice martyr and Nike has invested into that.  If Kaepernick comes back and plays poorly, that narrative turns into the teams knew what they were doing by not signing him.  He no longer will have that street cred.  People have forgotten than his teams are 11-24 in his last 35 games as a starter and than Blaine Gabbert replaced him as the starter in 2015 and then beat him out in TC in 2016 under a different coaching staff.

To me, this settlement means his NFL career is over.

The settlement actually clears the way for him to be signed by a team not the other way around.

2 hours ago, Huston said:

Pretty sure the settlement he received disagrees with you.

The fact no one signed him does not mean 32 owners colluded not to sign him.

Also, settling a lawsuit is more often a numbers game dealing with financial exposure as opposed to actually doing something.  It's called paying someone to go away because the alternative could be more expensive and time consuming.

You think all those people who get payouts from Walmart were actually wronged?  LOL

7 hours ago, abenjami said:

The fact no one signed him does not mean 32 owners colluded not to sign him.

Also, settling a lawsuit is more often a numbers game dealing with financial exposure as opposed to actually doing something.  It's called paying someone to go away because the alternative could be more expensive and time consuming.

You think all those people who get payouts from Walmart were actually wronged?  LOL

Who said all 32 colluded, anyone who disagreed with his stance from the beginning is going to see the settlement in a way that aligns with their personal view it seems.

Edited by Huston

On 2/20/2019 at 9:51 AM, Huston said:

The settlement actually clears the way for him to be signed by a team not the other way around.

I think you are way off. If anything it clears the owners from having to consider signing him in fear of being accused of collusion. They paid him to be done with the situation. 

3 hours ago, Huston said:

Who said all 32 colluded, anyone who disagreed with his stance from the beginning is going to see the settlement in a way that aligns with their person view it seems.

If all 32 didn’t collude then why didn’t all of the non-colluders line up to sign him? LOL

On 2/18/2019 at 2:24 PM, big2033 said:

We have Blaine Gabbert. Don't try to tell me Colin K doesn't deserve on a roster.

On 2/21/2019 at 1:28 AM, BudAdams said:

I'd be really surprised if he ever plays again.  Right now, the media has made him into a social justice martyr and Nike has invested into that.  If Kaepernick comes back and plays poorly, that narrative turns into the teams knew what they were doing by not signing him.  He no longer will have that street cred.  People have forgotten that his teams are 11-24 in his last 35 games as a starter and than Blaine Gabbert replaced him as the starter in 2015 and then beat him out in TC in 2016 under a different coaching staff.

Edited by titanruss