NFL settles collusion lawsuits with Kaep, Reid

NashvilleNinja

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Journeyman? He played for the same team his entire career.    I think his style was figured out but he was a fringe starter who would easily be a top backup. Yours is a typical right wing ta

Wait how may of you knuckleheads said there was no collusion going on and that he just sucked lol.

Collusion or no collusion, the guy was a journeyman backup at best. The fact that his politics and the politics of the various NFL owners clashed doesn''t negate that fact. Kaepernick always knew it w

10 minutes ago, Huston said:

Wait how may of you knuckleheads said there was no collusion going on and that he just sucked lol.

Collusion or no collusion, the guy was a journeyman backup at best. The fact that his politics and the politics of the various NFL owners clashed doesn''t negate that fact. Kaepernick always knew it would get to this point. It's one of the reasons he pulled all the shit he pulled. His career was going *NOWHERE*. He would be a footnote in the history of the NFL by now. Instead, he gets a fat little check and a new career as an activist. I guess it pays to be an SJW.

33 minutes ago, 'Nator said:

Journeyman? He played for the same team his entire career.

Well he was headed to journeyman status.

I think his style was figured out but he was a fringe starter who would easily be a top backup. Yours is a typical right wing take that dismisses him out of hand, as oppose to some left-wing takes that prop him up as some kind of pro bowler. Both are incorrect.

I don't know of anyone, outside of ignorant diehard fanboys or political activists, who would say that Kaepernick is anywhere near a pro bowl level talent. But there are plenty of people, at least among those who follow football, who recongize that the limitations of skills as being the primary factor in his having problems finding a gig when you have to deal with his media distractions on top of handing him a contract.

His last season he had a 16 to 4 TD to int ratio. He was an okay QB.

Did you bother to notice his w/l record (1-10)? Did you check to see how many of those touchdowns came in garbage time or meant nothing to his team's chances in winning those games? I mean, he threw for 398 yards and 2 touchdowns in a game he and the 9ers lost to the Saints 41-23. The Saints were up on the 9ers 21-3 in the first quarter before Kaep threw his first TD and were up 31-10 before he threw the other one. And that was in the 2nd quarter. The only scoring the 9ers did the rest of that game was two field goals.

Kaep may have been an employable backup QB before he started his political activist career, but in what world does a controversial backup quarterback represent juice that is worth the squeeze? If a team can go out there and get a comparable backup who doesn't bring with him all the baggage that Kaep brought why should a team feel obligated to bring in Kaep just because he's an activist who feels entitled to a platform?

I don't know if there was actual collusion going on. Maybe there was. If there was then why would Kaep agree to a settlement? Maybe he wouldn't have gotten a job anyway if there wasn't. Maybe the NFL settled because it was better for them in the long run to end it even if there wasn't any hard proof of collusion because of bad PR. Lord knows they've had a shit ton of it the last 5 years from other sources. So who really knows?

But if you need another reason to question Kaep's motives on the settlement then maybe ask yourself why he reportedly asked for $20M to play in the AAF when no other player will be payed more than roughly $83k a year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/02/15/report-colin-kaepernick-wanted-million-play-aaf/?noredirect=on

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Collusion or no collusion, the guy was a journeyman backup at best. The fact that his politics and the politics of the various NFL owners clashed doesn''t negate that fact. Kaepernick always knew it would get to this point. It's one of the reasons he pulled all the shit he pulled. His career was going *NOWHERE*. He would be a footnote in the history of the NFL by now. Instead, he gets a fat little check and a new career as an activist. I guess it pays to be an SJW.

So you're saying he used the owners and fans own stupidity against them? Good for him lol.

I agree he wasn't very good or worth the trouble in terms of making him a starter. But the NFL played the wrong hand not at least signing him as backup.

If they were smart a team would sign him and let him sink or swim in preseason.

Edited by big2033

On 2/15/2019 at 4:58 PM, big2033 said:

So you're saying he used the owners and fans own stupidity against them? Good for him lol.

I agree he wasn't very good or worth the trouble in terms of making him a starter. But the NFL played the wrong hand not at least signing him as backup.

If they were smart a team would sign him and let him sink or swim in preseason.

He was a borderline starter and top notch backup at worst, his talent level wasn't the reason he went unsigned and people need to accept that.

Edited by Huston