Jonboy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

?    

It makes sense because mariota is injury prone and another bad year and the Titans won’t keep him and their QB balance sheet will be free in 2020

5th year is a no brainer.  He either proves worthy of an extension, or we will get a high comp pick the following year.  Better than getting into a Bortles/Osweiller contract situation.  

Posted Images

The only way this reasoning makes sense is the idea that we are not going to re-sign Marcus and will then have a QBOF first round next year on a rookie contract. Otherwise let Marcus sink or swim. Does anyone actually want to see Case Keemun as our starting QB next year? Or we re-sign Marcus and have largest cap hit in the league for QBs. I would hope not unless it’s a one year deal I guess. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

Just now, abc2330 said:

Doesn't this take away from money that we can roll over and pay meaningful contributors to the team, as opposed to having insurance fora guy who probably won't be back next year if the backup indeed has to play?

I’m not a Mariota hater like you, but this is exactly right. The only way this makes sense is if it’s a one year deal (not likely happening) or they want him as a long term backup for when we draft a QB next year. 

58 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

The names PK says he would target are these guys and in this order:

1) Tyrod Taylor

2) Case Keenum

3) Ryan Tannehill

4) Blake Bortles

This makes a lot of sense, or pick up a good QB in the 2nd to groom.  These people talking about $$$ need to realize we are the fans, the money is JRob's job.  How much did it cost the Titans to watch Mariota stand in street clothes to watch the biggest game of the year.  Also, maybe his elbow would have healed like they said in two-three weeks.  It just makes sense.  

Currently the Titans have 70M in cap space for 2020 and that's before any rollover or league increase.  That's the good news.

The bad news is that there in no money for Mariota, Byard. Conklin, Henry, L. Ryan, A. Johnson, Kern, B. Jones and a group of lesser players funded.

29 minutes ago, ctm said:

Currently the Titans have 70M in cap space for 2020 and that's before any rollover or league increase.  That's the good news.

The bad news is that there in no money for Mariota, Byard. Conklin, Henry, L. Ryan, A. Johnson, Kern, B. Jones and a group of lesser players funded.

Not sure that’s right... here’s the current sport track numbers but this may include mariotas 20 million already

F5893B60-2137-4B7B-8225-1B69D8A717BB.jpeg

This makes total sense. I firmly believe we are really close to a championship or at least AFC title game. If our first round pick is a day 1 starter/potential pro bowler, we could easily be the 1st or 2nd best team in the AFC.

You spend big on a backup QB in case mariota misses significant time and you need someone to help us win games. I think we make the playoffs this year with Keemun or Taylor at backup QB. 

It’s clear to me that Jon Robinson thinks we have a short window and that we can get pretty far with mediocre qb play. But someone like gabbert as our starter is almost a guaranteed loss at this point.