A Record 7 Million Americans Are 90 Days Behind on Their Auto Loan Payments

OILERMAN

20 hours ago, Number9 said:

This can't be said often enough.  Build a wall!!  What if the punishment for defaulting on debt became being placed on the other side of the wall.  It's already happening, just subtly.  Nashville.  I as well as the rest of the property owners in the city are being flooded with offers to buy our property.  They want our lots to bulldoze and place two skinny houses on them. Each house costs more than the price they want to give me for mine.  iow, get out of the city.  Out there transportation costs are higher, crime is higher, services are poorer and property values grow slower.

The government is assisting this movement by raising the property taxes on homes based on the land.  I have not found a clear explanation of Nashville even having impact fees on new construction.  One house becomes two, service costs increase on the city, who pays?  "The wealth gap grows every year and there are consequences over time"  Soon, old Nashville's children are on the outside looking in.  Their schools are not as good.  Crime increases because of opportunity lack.  If you got forced out, your children will become the underclass and lose all the inner-city benefits, transportation, nearby jobs and time.  They will not be permitted(afford) to return. TIME.

The residents of Nashville have no voice.  We have no civic leader who is helping us.  Phil Bredesen ran for governor taking credit for the "New Nashville"  Old Nashville is paying the price.  I knew Toosie.  She was just an everyday woman.  They wouldn't sit beside her in that famous place today if they didn't know who she was.  People would look funny at her if she came in.  

Old Nashville will someday be living on the wrong side of a barrier around New Nashville.  It's being erected now, one two skinny houses at a time.

Sounds like here in Austin. Austin used to be just a large college town with a hipster streak, but it has gone insane here in the last 10-15 years. It seems Nashville is poised to be the new "it" city.

Edited by TitansFan777

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The market and employment numbers do not reflect the true economy for average Americans.    Having said that I'd guess most of these idiots are living way beyond their means and driving a ca

Two things have to happen imo....   Universal Healthcare and a jobs program that pays people a real living wage.    People like soxcat have been brainwashed to believe making the r

Well, we clearly need another big corporate tax cut so the savings can be passed on in the form of higher wages. Right?    

2 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

I’m not a Porsche guy — but it seems like 99% of #lawtwitter owns a Porsche (I’m not the 99%) — but the Panamera is fucking sweet. 

She is a CPA working ~1-2 rungs below the executives in a large corporation. 

For whatever reason, she decided that was the vehicle she wanted. I have to admit, it is pretty sweet.

It is annoying that I have to buy a $200 device to reset the maintenance minder when I change oil to avoid paying a dealership $300 per oil change (I shit you not, they can charge > $400 sometimes...unfucking believable).

Edited by ChemEngr79

10 minutes ago, ChemEngr79 said:

For whatever reason, she decided that was the vehicle she wanted. I have to admit, it is pretty sweet.

It is annoying that I have to buy a $200 device to reset the maintenance minder when I change oil to avoid paying a dealership $300 per oil change (I shit you not, they can charge > $400 sometimes...unfucking believable).

They charge that much for a Benz.  You might want to pay it.  They do some maintenance checks and spot things early. 

25 minutes ago, ChemEngr79 said:

Reminds me of a friend's bmw 7 series.  The ac evap drain came loose and flooded the glove compartment.   The service guy said the standard - "they all do that"- and whacked him $600 for a new owners manual & books.

7 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Yet people are mad because some poor mom is on food stamps or the bottom % gets a refund and doesn't pay in. 

This is deeply coded into American ideology, and equating wealth to worth, altruism, and the concept of entitlement (the good kind) is a tale as old as time. 

1 hour ago, ChemEngr79 said:

BMW charges near $200. My engine holds 8 quarts of oil. 

15 hours ago, Bink said:

This is deeply coded into American ideology, and equating wealth to worth, altruism, and the concept of entitlement (the good kind) is a tale as old as time. 

That's what Trump's base buys into, he's always pushed that image of himself as uber wealthy and there's a certain percentage of the population who identify that as virtue without regard to the ethics involved with the obtaining of that wealth. If you ever watched the Celebrity Apprentice, he basically recruited mostly B and C list celebrites who weren't very bright who were totally taken in by his wealth. The few intelligent ones, like Gene Simmons, saw right through it and took themselves out in a hurry.

This is perhaps the most valuable and important life lesson/advice my dad ever gave me:

"One of the biggest problems people have is that they simply don't know how to live within their means.   It doesn't even matter how much money they make;  it can be ten bucks an hour or a million dollars a year.....most people will find a way to spend more than they're bringing in.   

"I've worked with people who had seven-figure incomes and multi-million-dollar homes.....and they're literally living paycheck-to-paycheck with zero money in the bank and zero life savings.    Because throughout their lives, every time they got a big raise or a big bonus to make more money, they found new and bigger ways to spend it....and it was always just a little more than they brought in.   The houses are bigger and the cars are nicer....but they still struggle to make ends meet every week.  If they lost their job tomorrow, they'd be flat broke in a month."

"Don't be one of them.    Just be realistic about how much you make and how much  you can afford to spend...and stick to it."

9 hours ago, nine said:

This is perhaps the most valuable and important life lesson/advice my dad ever gave me:

"One of the biggest problems people have is that they simply don't know how to live within their means.   It doesn't even matter how much money they make;  it can be ten bucks an hour or a million dollars a year.....most people will find a way to spend more than they're bringing in.   

"I've worked with people who had seven-figure incomes and multi-million-dollar homes.....and they're literally living paycheck-to-paycheck with zero money in the bank and zero life savings.    Because throughout their lives, every time they got a big raise or a big bonus to make more money, they found new and bigger ways to spend it....and it was always just a little more than they brought in.   The houses are bigger and the cars are nicer....but they still struggle to make ends meet every week.  If they lost their job tomorrow, they'd be flat broke in a month."

"Don't be one of them.    Just be realistic about how much you make and how much  you can afford to spend...and stick to it."

My sister, she's taken trips to Thailand, Puerto Rico, twice to Chicago, three times to Nashville in the last twelve months; shops non-stop and wonders how she can not have money despite her six figure income.