Sign in to follow this  
9 Nines

Do you think aliens exist?

T-RAC   

Coincidentally, this photo is exactly what I would have pictured 9s looking like IRL. 

yeah, of course they exist. 

not sure if they are intelligent or not... but pretty sure tardigrades are aliens. 

Number9   

I think extraterrestrials exist.  I think some of them live on this planet and are enjoying themselves.  I have seen a UFO.  We make the mistake of thinking ET have to look and think like we do.  We believe they have to desire world domination and big bank accounts.  What if some ET came here just to live in peace?  What if they found an abundant food source that didn't even concern humans?  What if instead of looking like a strange human, they instead looked like a strange bug?  We would maybe catch a few, catalog them as a newly discovered species and go on about our business of inventing new ways to blow up the world.

ootb

3 hours ago, Tex in a Can said:

With all the gillions of solar systems and inhabitable planets, there is only an infinitesimal chance that intelligent life on other planets does not exist.

So, statistically, yes.

On 2/21/2019 at 5:01 AM, NashvilleNinja said:

Forget extraterrestrials... do we even know that we don't have intraterrestrials living on the plantet? Maybe underwater? The Mariana Trench isn't exactly a tourist hot spot.

We’ve been there though. And the only signs of intelligent life were our trash that had sunk to the bottom. 

49 minutes ago, titanruss said:

We’ve been there though. And the only signs of intelligent life were our trash that had sunk to the bottom. 

Because aliens don't have cloaking technology? Or the inkling to hide somewhere else when we went down there those 2 or 3 times?

Edited by NashvilleNinja

The question of do aliens exist is entirely separate to the question of will we ever make contact with them. What if the possibility of intelligent life space travel at greater than light speed is not possible or if the amount of time before a society develops the technology is greater than any species can exist before extinction? How about communication through space? Still incredibly challenging to communicate with some species millions of light years away.

4 hours ago, Tex in a Can said:

The question of do aliens exist is entirely separate to the question of will we ever make contact with them. What if the possibility of intelligent life space travel at greater than light speed is not possible or if the amount of time before a society develops the technology is greater than any species can exist before extinction? How about communication through space? Still incredibly challenging to communicate with some species millions of light years away.

Wormholes.

I mean hey... they work for Robert Kraft.