Do you think Alliance of American Football players are on par talentwise with NFL players

9 Nines

Do you think Alliance of American Football players are on par talentwise with NFL players  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Alliance of American Football players are on par talentwise with NFL players?

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

One would think the QBs would have the best chance of gaining experience and making NFL rosters.  Might also see some WRs step up.  Maybe a few others.  Guys mature, get stronger and smarter and this is a chance for some who weren't quite there a few years ago to close the gap.

I would think QBs from aaf will be top of the list for needed veteran camp arms. If a QB can tear it up in this league there is no reason an NFL team wouldn’t bring them in for training camp. Chances of them making a team are slim to none though. 

If I played in the AAF I’d be requesting to be on every single ST unit. If they can’t play STs idk if an nfl team would even bother looking at them. 

AAF might become an awesome place to send rookie QB's not expected to start right away so that they can develop. The great ones seem to rise to challenge when thrown into the fire but I think there are some guys out there who could've developed in lower stress environment. 

39 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

AAF might become an awesome place to send rookie QB's not expected to start right away so that they can develop. The great ones seem to rise to challenge when thrown into the fire but I think there are some guys out there who could've developed in lower stress environment. 

Lower round picks sure

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

Lower round picks sure

Lower round picks but also guys like Lamar Jackson. As the college game moves further away from the pro game, we increasingly need a place where run-first or spread guys like Lamar Jackson can actually develop into passers. A team like the Saints that doesn't have a pressing need for a QB can draft a guy they believe just needs a few reps and send him down to the AAF for a year or two rather than watch him waste away on the bench due to a lack of opportunities. 

On 2/13/2019 at 9:09 AM, Mythos27 said:

Lower round picks but also guys like Lamar Jackson. As the college game moves further away from the pro game, we increasingly need a place where run-first or spread guys like Lamar Jackson can actually develop into passers. A team like the Saints that doesn't have a pressing need for a QB can draft a guy they believe just needs a few reps and send him down to the AAF for a year or two rather than watch him waste away on the bench due to a lack of opportunities. 

If they worked out some kind of player rights with contracts this can be done. If you send him to AAF anyone can sign him. They would rather him develop in pre season and keep on practice squads than risk losing them. 

Kaepernick has been out of football for going on three years now...and in that time, he's made more money than any backup QB in the NFL. 

If he plays his cards right, he can milk this for a good 5-10 years with fans complaining and clamoring for him to be signed.   He’s making millions to do nothing so people can hold him up as a martyr.  

Playing football would put a quick end to that gravy train and he knows it.    A second- or third-rate QB has a very limited shelf life.   But the Joan of Arc role...he can milk that forever. 

I respect Kaep's cause and everything but he needs to quit the bullshit and either play his way back into the league or shut up. Acting like he's above playing in the AAF or CFL and calling black would-be superbowl performers the equivalent of uncle toms has rubbed me the wrong way.