Preston Smith hasn't had any "meaningful" extension talks with the Redskins

AussieTitanFan08

He is the one we need to sign. Not Zadarius Smith. 

Tre Flowers or Preston Smith would be home run signings in FA along with a C and kick Jones to LG

we could draft a WR/TE at 19 if Brown or Fant/Hock are there and a DE in 2

or a DE in 1 like Tillery or Lawrence at NT with a OG at 2 and WR at 3

33 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

He is the one we need to sign. Not Zadarius Smith. 

Explain why.

29 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

Elite pass rushers just don’t hit the market. I’m Leary of signing one in FA

Eh, we have no one there and the scheme is not easy.  Good and maybe undervalued pass rushers do hit the market.  You have to trust the scouting.

31 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

Elite pass rushers just don’t hit the market. I’m Leary of signing one in FA

Yeah we’re not trying to sign an “elite” pass rusher. 

Just need to sign a good one. 

31 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Smith isnt that good. The skins lack edge rushers and they dont want to resign him. Think about that for a second.

They didn’t retain Orakpo either and he had  a damn good 3 year stretch here. His last year he just fell off a cliff. But his first three seasons as a Titan were what the Skins hoped they drafted and his first two years here he was that tier below elite. He was a guy teams schemes against

5 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

They didn’t retain Orakpo either and he had  a damn good 3 year stretch here. His last year he just fell off a cliff. But his first three seasons as a Titan were what the Skins hoped they drafted and his first two years here he was that tier below elite. He was a guy teams schemes against

Lol. They had cap issues when orakpo was there. Not to mention he missed multiple seasons with pectoral issues. Smith isn't half the player orakpo was. The two situations arent alike at all.

22 hours ago, oldschool said:

Smith isnt that good. The skins lack edge rushers and they dont want to resign him. Think about that for a second.

He's good enough to be effective in this scheme, with run stopping and edge setting being the number one priority for the strong side OLB here. 

Whoever they sign will be rotating out with other players. Finch, Correa, and probably an early round rookie. 

The consensus around Smith is that he is a good player that will be paid like a great one and the Skins are not going to be the team that gives him that contract. Local media would love to have him back, but not to the point they'd overpay. The belief is someone will do just that. +

On 2/10/2019 at 5:39 PM, oldschool said:

That is telling. How was Kerrigan this season? 

They have a great interior rush though with Allen & Ionnides. 

The Skins were a pretty talented team last year, just had a ton of injuries.

8 hours ago, tgo said:

He's good enough to be effective in this scheme, with run stopping and edge setting being the number one priority for the strong side OLB here. 

Whoever they sign will be rotating out with other players. Finch, Correa, and probably an early round rookie. 

To me OLB is the most interesting question of the offseason. I really don't know what they plan on doing. I can see anything from going after a big name to signing a cheap vet & giving Finch a shot. 

Archived