AAF (Alliance of American Football) inaugural season starts tonight. Who's watching?

nine

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just don’t understand how one person (Jake) can embody the worst traits of a human. 

Posted Images

On 3/13/2019 at 12:24 PM, Mythos27 said:

Some good football is being played guys. I at least watch the highlights of every game every week. Garrett Gilbert will be on an NFL roster next year. 

Whoa. How are you watching highlights? I couldn’t find a way on the App. 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/26353050/manziel-makes-aaf-debut-memphis-express

Johnny Manziel made his debut in the Alliance of American Football on Sunday in the Memphis Express' 31-25 overtime win over the Birmingham Iron.

Ol' Johnny Fooseball is in his third league.  The above quote can be easily misconstrued if you don't read the article though.  Spoiler:  he sucked.  

On 3/17/2019 at 1:32 AM, StephenIsLegend said:

Whoa. How are you watching highlights? I couldn’t find a way on the App. 

I was pleasantly surprised to see highlights are posted on nfl.com

9 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I guess my 5 year prediction waa too generous.

Just a little bit, like most of your predictions. The USFL lasted three seasons, the WFL lasted less than two seasons. Why would this one last?

8 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Football is far more popular now and it had one to two dozen ppl that ppl were actually fans if not too long ago. Was taking place at a slow time in sports. Mostly just college bball and hockey. 

Also figured whoever would have started this would have been smart enough to know what kind of finances were needed for at least a 3 year trial run. To get halfway through season 1 and already be concerned about its future? Terrible restaurants and bars last longer than that. 

It needs more visibility.  This thread is the only thing I see on a weekly basis beyond an article on failed "big name" players.  The league needs to entice the NFL tweeters to tweet about it.  

3 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Daily fantasy.

FanDuel, DraftKings, etc.

True.  Getting people involved that way would help.  Due to the nature of the revolving rosters (at least at QB it seems), a regular fantasy team could work if people drafted a team's position rather than players (ex:  San Antonio QBs).