AAF (Alliance of American Football) inaugural season starts tonight. Who's watching?

nine

2 minutes ago, Denali said:

WFL

USFL

XFL

NFL Europe

Doesn't that provide enough proof?  It never works out.  They may look exciting at first, but ultimately people know it's not the same thing as the real NFL. 

It's like kissing your sister.  And I'm not talking about a super hot step sister.  I'm talking the real deal.  You know, incest.

It’s not the NFL, nor is it supposed to be.  It simply provides an option for fans who have no football from February to August and for players to continue their playing careers.

You forgot to mention the AFL and AAFL...two startup leagues that ended up being quite successful.

The chances of the AAF succeeding are slim...but it definitely won’t succeed if nobody gives it a chance.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just don’t understand how one person (Jake) can embody the worst traits of a human. 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, nine said:

It’s a fourth down play.  If they don’t convert it, the balls goes over on downs. 

I suspect it will be more interesting than an onside kick, which is basically straight dumb luck.  4th & 12 gives a team a better chance of converting and retaining possession at the 40....but if they don’t,  the other team get possession inside the 40.  It’s just a different risk-vs-reward  opportunity.  The payoff is easier to achieve, but the penalty for failing is greater.

If I’m trailing and score a TD I’m going for the 4th and 12 all day. I really don’t think that is that hard of a conversion against a 5 man rush. I think they should do it as a 4th and goal from the 12. It would be harder to convert with the short field. If you have nothing they probably just have someone run up field that they can atleast try to throw it up to. 

1 minute ago, heyitsmeallen said:

The sky judge is what the NFL needs to implement. A ref in the booth that stops play and corrects an obvious wrong call/missed call.

I'd like to see that and the onside conversion minus the 17 point rule (because if a team wants to put themselves that deep in the hole, let em) added to the NFL.