TennesseeTuxedo

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s “New Green Deal”

T-RAC   
7 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

And yes, the horror of this bill.   The costs would destroy this country.

So you agree on the goals but find the costs prohibitive?

4 minutes ago, T-RAC said:

So you agree on the goals but find the costs prohibitive?

The goals are unrealistic.   I dont find utopia to be a goal worth the time persuing, as it cant be obtained.  And i dont believe in man made caused climate change that needs to be drastically fixed.

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

This from a guy who supported multiple massive tax cuts on the rich over decades as well as wars in the Middle East...

Not even close in scope.  But good try there.

10 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

The goals are unrealistic.   I dont find utopia to be a goal worth the time persuing, as it cant be obtained.  And i dont believe in man made caused climate change that needs to be drastically fixed.

Lol but you believe there’s a bearded man in the sky and a place called heaven. 

Justafan   
5 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

They took it down and the man made it pretty clear that wasn't the intended position.

Fair enough though, it was in the original document, intentional or unintentional and that, by itself and without context, is a bad look.

3 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Not even close in scope.  But good try there.

The Trump tax cut alone will increase the US debt by more than a trillion over a decade. Add that to the many trillions that has been added to the deficit through tax cuts by Reagan and Dubya. 

Invading Iraq has already cost over a trillion dollars and accomplished nothing. Costs will continue to grow over time as we pay to care for veterans.

T-RAC   
2 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Fair enough though, it was in the original document, intentional or unintentional and that, by itself and without context, is a bad look.

Except the mistake wasn't in the original document. It was in a description of the document that was briefly on OC's website before being taken down and revised.

But, sure, it was a wink and a nod to to a secret army of lazies.

I just don't see them ever following through and taking over, because, you know, they're really bad to procrastinate.

WG53   
25 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Because you are scientifically illiterate and don't give a shit about anyone besides yourself like a typical conservative. 

Justafan   
5 minutes ago, T-RAC said:

Except the mistake wasn't in the original document. It was in a description of the document that was briefly on OC's website before being taken down and revised.

But, sure, it was a wink and a nod to to a secret army of lazies.

I just don't see them ever following through and taking over, because, you know, they're really bad to procrastinate.

Oh, it's still disingenuous as fuck.  Don't get me wrong.  Of course, conservatives jumped all over it while defending all the lies of dear leader.

53 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

The Trump tax cut alone will increase the US debt by more than a trillion over a decade. Add that to the many trillions that has been added to the deficit through tax cuts by Reagan and Dubya. 

Invading Iraq has already cost over a trillion dollars and accomplished nothing. Costs will continue to grow over time as we pay to care for veterans.

Im not going to disagree with you that both parties has screwed us over with tax cuts, wars, and entitlement funding.   We are going to pay a huge price in the not too distant future.  But all these things makes the new green deal spending not possible.

56 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Conservatives can never complain about spending again and be taken seriously.

When serious people were asking how we were going to pay for the tax cuts all we heard were crickets.

I wouldnt have minded the tax cuts if offset by reduced spending.  Republicans screwed the pooch big time on this.

50 minutes ago, WG53 said:

Because you are scientifically illiterate and don't give a shit about anyone besides yourself like a typical conservative. 

Oh really?  Have you seen one libtard Democrat leader stop flying jets to cut down on pollution?