TennesseeTuxedo

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s “New Green Deal”

21 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

So what? (Even though you are wrong as proven by the above post by @Soxcat)

Interesting. A massive amount of the benefits went to corporations. Who do you think owns most of these corporations that benefit? Who owns most of the stock for the publicly traded companies? 

While this is a high profile component of Trump’s tax plan, most small businesses aren’t structured as C-corps. The majority of U.S. small business are pass-through entities, such as LLCs or S-corps. So, although some small businesses are affected, this change mostly impacts Fortune 500 companies rather than small businesses.

The link you noted says 20% goes directly to the top 1%. Do you think 20% of 1.5 trillion should go to 1%?

Capital spending did pick up steam earlier this year. For companies in the S&P 500, capital expenditures rose roughly 20 percent in the first half of 2018. Much of that was concentrated: The spending of just five companies — Google’s parent, Alphabet, and Facebook, Intel, Exxon Mobil and Goldman Sachs — accounted for roughly a third of the entire rise.

Maybe i was wrong with my figure ( I read it right, but that’s a huge problem with the internet and I’ll say okay if those figures are wrong). The point stands. A 1.5 trillion dollar tax cut is mainly benefiting the wealthiest people in the country without giving equitable relief to the middle class. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Interesting. A massive amount of the benefits went to corporations. Who do you think owns most of these corporations that benefit? Who owns most of the stock for the publicly traded companies? 

While this is a high profile component of Trump’s tax plan, most small businesses aren’t structured as C-corps. The majority of U.S. small business are pass-through entities, such as LLCs or S-corps. So, although some small businesses are affected, this change mostly impacts Fortune 500 companies rather than small businesses.

The link you noted says 20% goes directly to the top 1%. Do you think 20% of 1.5 trillion should go to 1%?

Capital spending did pick up steam earlier this year. For companies in the S&P 500, capital expenditures rose roughly 20 percent in the first half of 2018. Much of that was concentrated: The spending of just five companies — Google’s parent, Alphabet, and Facebook, Intel, Exxon Mobil and Goldman Sachs — accounted for roughly a third of the entire rise.

Maybe i was wrong with my figure ( I read it right, but that’s a huge problem with the internet and I’ll say okay if those figures are wrong). The point stands. A 1.5 trillion dollar tax cut is mainly benefiting the wealthiest people in the country without giving equitable relief to the middle class. 

Again, so what? Wages are rising, unemployment at all time lows for everyone, labor participation rising. Seems that the corps are reinvesting that money. 

If the owners want to take some for themselves, so what. They took the risk to start that company.

Go try to start a company and stop bitching about others that took that chance and succeeded. 

And what is equitable relief to the middle class?

4 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Again, so what? Wages are rising, unemployment at all time lows for everyone, labor participation rising. Seems that the corps are reinvesting that money. 

If the owners want to take some for themselves, so what. They took the risk to start that company.

Go try to start a company and stop bitching about others that took that chance and succeeded. 

And what is equitable relief to the middle class?

It really is tough to talk with you guys. I’m not sure why you can’t back down. The link you quoted shows 20% going to 1%. I then showed how the business tax cut wasn’t going to small business but to conglomerates who are owned by...the top 1%. 

What is equitable? Is that really a question when you can’t acknowledge the disparity? 

11 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

It really is tough to talk with you guys. I’m not sure why you can’t back down. The link you quoted shows 20% going to 1%. I then showed how the business tax cut wasn’t going to small business but to conglomerates who are owned by...the top 1%. 

What is equitable? Is that really a question when you can’t acknowledge the disparity? 

YOU said there needed to be equitable relief to the middle class. What does that entail? Or do you just like to talk in generalities with no specifics?

Btowner   
30 minutes ago, 52O said:

She’s really got em by the balls

If you look at what Fox News is saying about her, you can say the exact things about Trump. Listen to all of the dog whistles. I've never seen so many attacks on such an inexperienced politician. Has any of her sponsored bills even pass the house?

Between AOC and Omar, it appears right wing media have found new red meat targets for Trump supporters.

Edited by Btowner

52O   
5 hours ago, Btowner said:

If you look at what Fox News is saying about her, you can say the exact things about Trump. Listen to all of the dog whistles. I've never seen so many attacks on such an inexperienced politician. Has any of her sponsored bills even pass the house?

Between AOC and Omar, it appears right wing media have found new red meat targets for Trump supporters.

I’ve been calling her the lefts trump since she came out. Very similar people as far as intelligence

Edited by 52O