cenj

Dilfer Interview on Midday 180

OILERMAN   
25 minutes ago, siamesedinasour said:

On a mostly related topic, did I hear correctly, that Keith Bulluck will be Lipscomb's DC? 

He and Marc Marini were on the staff, maybe more former NFLers

japan   
9 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Will this improvement happen before he needs a new contract or do you pay him hoping it happens?

That’s what this season is for right?

OILERMAN   
37 minutes ago, japan said:

That’s what this season is for right?

Not for you, you already said you expect him not to improve and be off the team after this season

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

He and Marc Marini were on the staff, maybe more former NFLers

That's crazy, they're hiring a bar hound with multiple alcohol incidents at a school where on the college side you can be expelled for even being in a bar, not caught drinking just being at that location.

Number9   
26 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

That's crazy, they're hiring a bar hound with multiple alcohol incidents at a school where on the college side you can be expelled for even being in a bar, not caught drinking just being at that location.

They overwhelming voted for ....   The standards are more for show than actual belief.  

big2033   
On 2/12/2019 at 12:02 PM, WG53 said:

He's always been that way.

I've been this way since I've acknowledged that Mariota hasn't been very good. And that has pissed a lot of people off.

Go back and you'll see I backed Mariota quite a bit. Me no longer backing Mariota 100% makes me Pro-Mularkey or a pain in the ass. Because I refuse to let people avoid the obvious main issue with our offense. 

Edited by big2033

OILERMAN   

big2033 has been totally reasonable and fair in his assessment of Mariota, if anything we've both been too kind. 

People/apologist don't like what he says because it's hard to refute. 

When excuses run out it's frustrating 

abc2330   
On 2/9/2019 at 6:19 PM, oldschool said:

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

big2033 has been totally unreasonable and fair in his assessment of Mariota, if anything we've both been too kind. 

People/apologist don't like what he says because it's hard to refute. 

When excuses run out it's frustrating 

They were ripping Dak to shreds earlier in the year for his low passing yardage when he had absolutely nobody to throw the ball to.  They rip Bortles to shreds every year when his receiving corp is composed of late round picks and underachieving FAs and he has a terrible line protecting him.  Mariota is the only QB I've seen receive a pass from the media and whose faults are anyone's but his own.  

big2033   
14 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

They were ripping Dak to shreds earlier in the year for his low passing yardage when he had absolutely nobody to throw the ball to.  They rip Bortles to shreds every year when his receiving corp is composed of late round picks and underachieving FAs and he has a terrible line protecting him.  Mariota is the only QB I've seen receive a pass from the media and whose faults are anyone's but his own.  

He doesn't get a huge pass though from most media. Most of the media have become lukewarm on him. This forum just ignores it.

japan   
On 2/10/2019 at 5:16 PM, OILERMAN said:

Not for you, you already said you expect him not to improve and be off the team after this season

I’m holding out hope!

abc2330   
29 minutes ago, big2033 said:

He doesn't get a huge pass though from most media. Most of the media have become lukewarm on him. This forum just ignores it.

Yeah, but most mocks are suggesting that we take a receiver, while Jacksonville should take a QB in the first. They seem to think relatively high of him and suggest that he's being held back.

Compare that to GB, who has one good receiver,a washed up TE, and nothing else.  Or NE , who has one good receiver, Washed up TE, and nothing else. New Orleans as well. Yet nobody is suggesting they spend a first on a receiver to help their QB.

Edited by abc2330

tgo   

Maybe I'm misunderstanding here. 

But this persistent argument that we shouldn't give Mariota better weapons because he isn't a great quarterback makes no sense to me. 

If he fares best when his first reads are open or with play-actions or whatever, then the best option to have near term success is to acquire guys that get open so that his players are open so that he will throw the ball to them......

Having a medicore QB like Marcus means that you need better offensive skill players to elevate the offense. 

Whereas great QBs like Brady, Rogers, et al. can elevate an offense themselves. 

Edited by tgo

abc2330   
2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding here. 

But this persistent argument that we shouldn't give Mariota better weapons because he isn't a great quarterback makes no sense to me. 

If he fares best when his first reads are open or with play-actions or whatever, then the best option to have near term success is to acquire guys that get open so that his players are open so that he will throw the ball to them......

Having a medicore QB like Marcus means that you need better offensive skill players to elevate the offense. 

Whereas great QBs like Brady, Rogers, et al. can elevate an offense themselves. 

If that's the case, shouldn't he be making $15M less than those guys, or whatever it takes to get an elite weapon to put our offense at that level?  

tgo   
7 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

If that's the case, shouldn't he be making $15M less than those guys, or whatever it takes to get an elite weapon to put our offense at that level?  

That's a theoretical line of argument.  

Trying to stick with reality here.