Jump to content
cenj

Dilfer Interview on Midday 180

Recommended Posts

Let's ask Saban if he'd be willing to give up his god salary and status in Alabama to go coach the Bills out of being a shithole franchise.

 

I'm sure his answer would be a big fat no, but it wouldn't be for the reasons Dildo was talking about. Why be a minnow in a lake when you can be a big fat trout in a pond?

 

I guarantee if the right opportunity in the NFL came along he'd jump at it. But another hole in Dilly Dilly's argument is the fact that there are a lot more opportunities in the college and high school ranks to get coaching jobs than there is in the NFL. There are only 32 NFL teams compared to how many colleges and high schools? And let's face it... maybe these college and high school coaches just aren't good enough to coach in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I get it, Mariota is the opposite of Brady and Rodgers (outside the core) and needs to run more.  Yea, that is encouraging.

Also what we have been saying all along: "on a planned throw he can rip it".

 

Not sure what Dilfer's ability as a QB has to do with his ability to coach.  How many former QBs coach in the NFL?  Even the great ones don't make very good coaches. 

LOL

Have you ever looked at Dilfer's coaching record from the guys he evaluates at the Elite 11?

And remember, he has access to every H.S. QB destined for college ball in the whole country.

Look at who he's chosen for his "Elite" 11 and you'll find he has about a 10% success rate, if that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Let's ask Saban if he'd be willing to give up his god salary and status in Alabama to go coach the Bills out of being a shithole franchise.

 

I'm sure his answer would be a big fat no, but it wouldn't be for the reasons Dildo was talking about. Why be a minnow in a lake when you can be a big fat trout in a pond?

 

I guarantee if the right opportunity in the NFL came along he'd jump at it. But another hole in Dilly Dilly's argument is the fact that there are a lot more opportunities in the college and high school ranks to get coaching jobs than there is in the NFL. There are only 32 NFL teams compared to how many colleges and high schools? And let's face it... maybe these college and high school coaches just aren't good enough to coach in the NFL.

Hell, if he were decent coach and talent evaluator at the QB position he'd have been hired away by a big-time college program by now.  He knows every major college coach there is or has been, for the last 10-15 years through Nike's The Opening and the Elite 11.

 

He's a fraud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
big2033   
9 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Hell, if he were decent coach and talent evaluator at the QB position he'd have been hired away by a big-time college program by now.  He knows every major college coach there is or has been, for the last 10-15 years through Nike's The Opening and the Elite 11.

 

He's a fraud.

 

14 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

LOL

Have you ever looked at Dilfer's coaching record from the guys he evaluates at the Elite 11?

And remember, he has access to every H.S. QB destined for college ball in the whole country.

Look at who he's chosen for his "Elite" 11 and you'll find he has about a 10% success rate, if that.

 

His comments got your panties all up in a bunch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

LOL

Have you ever looked at Dilfer's coaching record from the guys he evaluates at the Elite 11?

And remember, he has access to every H.S. QB destined for college ball in the whole country.

Look at who he's chosen for his "Elite" 11 and you'll find he has about a 10% success rate, if that.

 

So is Dilfer wrong in his assessment of Mariota?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, tgo said:

 

A LOT actually. 

 

It's the crappy ones and backup QBs that always make good coaches. 

 

Jim Harbaugh, Jason Garrett, Frank Reich, Kellen Clemens, Jon Kitna, Kevin O'Connell, Pat O'Hara, Tim Rattay, Alex Van Pelt just to name a few. 

 

Ken Dorsey, Byron Leftwich, Zac Taylor, Kliff Kingsbury, Geep Chryst, Gary Kubiak, Mike Kafka, Ryan Lindley, Scott Milanovich, Dave Ragone. 

 

Mike Shula, Mike Groh, 

Jim Harbaugh was a starter every year but his last, was the NFL comeback player of the year, AFC player of the year, and runner up for the NFL MVP in 95 and is in the Colts' ring of honor, sorry the UM guy in me made me post this 😁.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
big2033   
4 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Jim Harbaugh was a starter every year but his last, was the NFL comeback player of the year, AFC player of the year, and runner up for the NFL MVP in 95 and is in the Colts' ring of honor, sorry the UM guy in me made me post this 😁.

Harbaugh was that good? Had no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cenj   
1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Hes needs the field cut in half, quick throws, and play action. This is called putting training wheels on your QB 

It's funny, before he started talking he said he knew that people in Nashville would take his statements out of context and misunderstand.

 

He said he absolutely loves Mariota and would take him as his QB in a heartbeat. Said if he was in the right system and supported, he'll go to 5 pro bowls and "earn every one."

 

His criticism was very technical and basically explained that his mechanics cause rushed throws to be more inaccurate, so coaches should stop trying to make those rushed reads a key part of the offense. His point is that he can count on 1 hand the QBs that can read "perimeter to perimeter." So no, he's not a HOF type like Brees, Brady, or Rodgers. But he said when Mariota isn't rushed, he's as accurate as anyone.

 

Now...he may be totally wrong and may have no idea what he's saying. But it's an interesting take from an outsider who focuses on QBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cenj said:

Now...he may be totally wrong and may have no idea what he's saying. But it's an interesting take from an outsider who focuses on QBs.

Except his focus on QBs is more wrong than right, way more often.

67% of Elite 11 QBs never even get drafted, more than a 3rd never finish college with the same school that recruited them, if at all.

The Elite 11's big hits have been Luck, Stafford, Jameis Winston and Teddy Bridgwater.

 

Locker?  V. Young? Tebow? Gabbert?  Manuel? Not so much.

The year Winston won the Elite 11 co-MVP he shared it with Tanner Mangum and Neal Burcham,...  WHO?

 

Dilfer is a joke and so is his analysis of QBs, along with his coaching.

Edited by TitanDuckFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
big2033   
1 hour ago, cenj said:

It's funny, before he started talking he said he knew that people in Nashville would take his statements out of context and misunderstand.

 

He said he absolutely loves Mariota and would take him as his QB in a heartbeat. Said if he was in the right system and supported, he'll go to 5 pro bowls and "earn every one."

 

His criticism was very technical and basically explained that his mechanics cause rushed throws to be more inaccurate, so coaches should stop trying to make those rushed reads a key part of the offense. His point is that he can count on 1 hand the QBs that can read "perimeter to perimeter." So no, he's not a HOF type like Brees, Brady, or Rodgers. But he said when Mariota isn't rushed, he's as accurate as anyone.

 

Now...he may be totally wrong and may have no idea what he's saying. But it's an interesting take from an outsider who focuses on QBs.

No you're misinterpreting.

 

Alex Smith can go to pro bowls. He's accurate. That doesn't mean shit.

 

What's wrong with him he's identified as pretty much un-fixable that will keep him from being a 'star' QB. We have at best Andy Dalton or at average Ryan Tannehill. Which I'm sure Dilfer will compliment as well but that's not what the No. 2 overall pick is for.

 

Edited by big2033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
big2033   
10 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Except his focus on QBs is more wrong than right, way more often.

67% of Elite 11 QBs never even get drafted, more than a 3rd never finish college with the same school that recruited them, if at all.

The Elite 11's big hits have been Luck, Stafford, Jameis Winston and Teddy Bridgwater.

 

Locker?  V. Young? Tebow? Gabbert?  Manuel? Not so much.

The year Winston won the Elite 11 co-MVP he shared it with Tanner Mangum and Neal Burcham,...  WHO?

 

Dilfer is a joke and so is his analysis of QBs, along with his coaching.

It's a camp for  kids you moron. The fact that 67% get drafted is actually amazing LOL.

 

If your kids makes it there that's a damn good scenario for a parent.

Edited by big2033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Except his focus on QBs is more wrong than right, way more often.

67% of Elite 11 QBs never even get drafted, more than a 3rd never finish college with the same school that recruited them, if at all.

The Elite 11's big hits have been Luck, Stafford, Jameis Winston and Teddy Bridgwater.

 

Locker?  V. Young? Tebow? Gabbert?  Manuel? Not so much.

The year Winston won the Elite 11 co-MVP he shared it with Tanner Mangum and Neal Burcham,...  WHO?

 

Dilfer is a joke and so is his analysis of QBs, along with his coaching.

What did he say about Mariota that was wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...