Jump to content
cenj

Dilfer Interview on Midday 180

Recommended Posts

abc2330   
10 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Taylor was pretty good at getting open, he just had stone hands. 

He had a 66% catch rate.  People are clamoring over John Brown and his 9 drops and 40% catch rate.  Titans fans just get too emotionally invested and are too hard on some players, while assuming that a guy who made a play for another team that one time is better.

Edited by abc2330

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Number9   
1 hour ago, abc2330 said:

He had a 66% catch rate.  People are clamoring over John Brown and his 9 drops and 40% catch rate.  Titans fans just get too emotionally invested and are too hard on some players, while assuming that a guy who made a play for another team that one time is better.

Part of it is Taylor had so few chances because we can't get him the ball.  So, when one finally makes it way downfield they want to lay blame if it's incomplete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abc2330   
51 minutes ago, Huston said:

Hilarious, first it was Davis then Lewis and now Taylor. The revisionist history in here never ceases to amaze me.

We've never seen the receivers with a good QB, so we don't know what they are capable of.  Of course you probably think that Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker just suddenly became 1,000 yard receivers in 2012 and Manning had nothing to do with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huston   
1 hour ago, abc2330 said:

We've never seen the receivers with a good QB, so we don't know what they are capable of.  Of course you probably think that Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker just suddenly became 1,000 yard receivers in 2012 and Manning had nothing to do with that.

We have also seen you take any and every opportunity to blame every short coming and player deficiency on the QB, dude its tiresome and lame. Why dont you save us the time and create a topic listing all the players and coaches that he is holding back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
reo   
8 hours ago, abc2330 said:

He had a 66% catch rate.  People are clamoring over John Brown and his 9 drops and 40% catch rate.  Titans fans just get too emotionally invested and are too hard on some players, while assuming that a guy who made a play for another team that one time is better.

I'd assume Taylor wasn't getting targets bc he wasn't consistently hitting his spots in practice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, reo said:

I'd assume Taylor wasn't getting targets bc he wasn't consistently hitting his spots in practice. 

Well that would lay the blame on someone not named Mariota. 

 

Mariota hit him a couple times that I can remember and he just flat out dropped the ball. Mariota is a good deep ball thrower (or isn’t awful, at least). I don’t see how it’s his fault Taylor drops the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Well that would lay the blame on someone not named Mariota. 

 

Mariota hit him a couple times that I can remember and he just flat out dropped the ball. Mariota is a good deep ball thrower (or isn’t awful, at least). I don’t see how it’s his fault Taylor drops the ball. 

Mariota is too inaccurate and keeps hitting Taylor in the helmet instead of in the hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
reo   
7 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Well that would lay the blame on someone not named Mariota. 

 

Mariota hit him a couple times that I can remember and he just flat out dropped the ball. Mariota is a good deep ball thrower (or isn’t awful, at least). I don’t see how it’s his fault Taylor drops the ball. 

Every few years there's a new WR that flashes so fans love but never pans out. Fans want to always blame the coaches or the QB and rarely blame the WR. Wright was the one before Taylor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
reo   
11 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

LOL!!!!!!! 

 

Good one

Didn't say that was the case with everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...