Dilfer Interview on Midday 180

cenj

1 hour ago, abc2330 said:

He had a 66% catch rate.  People are clamoring over John Brown and his 9 drops and 40% catch rate.  Titans fans just get too emotionally invested and are too hard on some players, while assuming that a guy who made a play for another team that one time is better.

Part of it is Taylor had so few chances because we can't get him the ball.  So, when one finally makes it way downfield they want to lay blame if it's incomplete.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So it was about his core all along, eh?

Good lord you're obnoxious.   I'm literally posting what Dilfer said because I listened to the interview. Nothing I said was my opinion. Nothing. I'm merely relaying information Trent Dilfer

He's always been that way.

51 minutes ago, Huston said:

Hilarious, first it was Davis then Lewis and now Taylor. The revisionist history in here never ceases to amaze me.

We've never seen the receivers with a good QB, so we don't know what they are capable of.  Of course you probably think that Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker just suddenly became 1,000 yard receivers in 2012 and Manning had nothing to do with that.

1 hour ago, abc2330 said:

We've never seen the receivers with a good QB, so we don't know what they are capable of.  Of course you probably think that Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker just suddenly became 1,000 yard receivers in 2012 and Manning had nothing to do with that.

We have also seen you take any and every opportunity to blame every short coming and player deficiency on the QB, dude its tiresome and lame. Why dont you save us the time and create a topic listing all the players and coaches that he is holding back.

8 hours ago, abc2330 said:

He had a 66% catch rate.  People are clamoring over John Brown and his 9 drops and 40% catch rate.  Titans fans just get too emotionally invested and are too hard on some players, while assuming that a guy who made a play for another team that one time is better.

I'd assume Taylor wasn't getting targets bc he wasn't consistently hitting his spots in practice. 

20 hours ago, reo said:

I'd assume Taylor wasn't getting targets bc he wasn't consistently hitting his spots in practice. 

Well that would lay the blame on someone not named Mariota. 

Mariota hit him a couple times that I can remember and he just flat out dropped the ball. Mariota is a good deep ball thrower (or isn’t awful, at least). I don’t see how it’s his fault Taylor drops the ball. 

12 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Mariota hit him a couple times that I can remember and he just flat out dropped the ball. Mariota is a good deep ball thrower (or isn’t awful, at least). I don’t see how it’s his fault Taylor drops the ball. 

Mariota is too inaccurate and keeps hitting Taylor in the helmet instead of in the hands.

7 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Every few years there's a new WR that flashes so fans love but never pans out. Fans want to always blame the coaches or the QB and rarely blame the WR. Wright was the one before Taylor.

8 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

But its kinda fucking dumb to blame Marcus for every single thing when Taylor has dropped some VERY catchable balls. 

Which no one does

Taylor is an easy fix if he's not capable so of course the QB is going to get more focus

9 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Marcus has his issues and has contributed to his fair share of the issues with the offense. 

But its kinda fucking dumb to blame Marcus for every single thing when Taylor has dropped some VERY catchable balls. 

Taylor is credited with 3 drops.  That's the difference between the success and failure of our QB?