Dilfer Interview on Midday 180

cenj

Just now, TitanDuckFan said:

He's been wrong about Mariota since Day1 back in 2010.

Just like he's wrong about the VAST majority of QBs both in H.S. and college, that go through the Elite 11.

I dont give a shit about elite 11, nobody has heard of it.

Be specific how hes wrong.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So it was about his core all along, eh?

Good lord you're obnoxious.   I'm literally posting what Dilfer said because I listened to the interview. Nothing I said was my opinion. Nothing. I'm merely relaying information Trent Dilfer

He's always been that way.

6 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I dont give a shit about elite 11, nobody has heard of it.

Be specific how hes wrong.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to go over this AGAIN with you.  We've heard it all at this point.

If you're so convinced Marcus is a shit QB that can't read a defense or needs half field reads or can't throw outside the (non-existent) pocket, then step up and stop being a chickenshit.

Call for his head or GTFO.

Or better yet, start screaming about wanting Dilfer for the Titans' next OC.

1 minute ago, TitanDuckFan said:

I have neither the time nor the inclination to go over this AGAIN with you.  We've heard it all at this point.

If you're so convinced Marcus is a shit QB that can't read a defense or needs half field reads or can't throw outside the (non-existent) pocket, then step up and stop being a chickenshit.

Call for his head or GTFO.

Or better yet, start screaming about wanting Dilfer for the Titans' next OC.

Ok. If I was GM I would trade down this draft for picks in 2020 and tell Mariota improve and stay healthy or you wont be resigned. I'm not gonna depend on Mariotas health, I would be ready to move on if he gets hurt again or doesnt have another productive year. 

I agree with Dilfer that we need to make it easier for Mariota. Play action, rolls outs, heavy run game anything that doesnt make Mariota sit back there too long to scan the field because he panics in the pocket and gets hurt too easily. 

The truth hurts

The interview has other interesting takes. I thought his comment that the NFL has the worst coaches (and some of the very best) was interesting, arguing that coaches often care more about selling themselves for the next job and that this selfish mindset is a reason coaches don't adapt to their personnel as much as they should. 

He said we have a good coach in Vrabel and that we should feel lucky. 

He also is super high on Tua. He made a case that it isn't just his physical ability (Dilfer claims his pure throwing is as good as it gets), but he's also shown the ability to quickly change bad habits and develop. Apparently he was totally undisciplined coming out of HS.

22 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

No, actually the truth doesn't hurt at all.

You get offended by it.

I dont hate Mariota. Hes not Jake Locker thank goodness. Marcus has tools to work with and Dilfer and alot of us here are telling others how to use those tools but we are called haters when we do. He is limited, but I think we can win with him. I criticize players that warrant it, I have no agenda. 

Edited by headhunter

47 minutes ago, cenj said:

Good lord you're obnoxious.

I'm literally posting what Dilfer said because I listened to the interview. Nothing I said was my opinion. Nothing. I'm merely relaying information Trent Dilfer said. If you want to criticize him for saying he'll be misinterpreted, go ahead, but those are his words not mine.

I've defended Mariota and I'm the one who posted the goddamn criticism. 

Yeah but you're implying he's being taken out of context but he isn't. This is obvious because @TitanDuckFan has his panties in a bunch.

He loves Mariota but the details he gave make him average. He's not elite but he's not bad but he's a great person = average. 

Edited by big2033

1 hour ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Read it again ya fucking idiot.

67% DON'T get drafted.

And that is entirely his fault, right?  Nothing to do with talent, or the fact that becoming a professional athlete it's insanely difficult.  Mariota is proof that some players have a limit to their ability, no matter what you try to teach them.

jUsT lOoK aT aLl ThIs ExPeRtIn'.

Trent Dilly Dilly says some things and all of the sudden chum is in the water. Mariota is a liability, yet Dilly Dilly is quoted as saying he'd have no reservation about going to battle with Marcus as his QB and thinking he'd be a pro bowl earnin mutha fucka. But that's just PR spin to placate the homers, right? He ain't that real nigga until he starts gettin on them mechanics.

AiN't ThAt RiGhT, eXpErTs?

11 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

jUsT lOoK aT aLl ThIs ExPeRtIn'.

Trent Dilly Dilly says some things and all of the sudden chum is in the water. Mariota is a liability, yet Dilly Dilly is quoted as saying he'd have no reservation about going to battle with Marcus as his QB and thinking he'd be a pro bowl earnin mutha fucka. But that's just PR spin to placate the homers, right? He ain't that real nigga until he starts gettin on them mechanics.

AiN't ThAt RiGhT, eXpErTs?

WTF are you on?