AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Marcus's best friend at Oregon.

Didn't watch enough of him in Chicago to say exactly what happened, but by rep he's a pure ZBS guy and I'd guess a C/LG only.

I'm still not convinced JRob is still all in on Ben Jones, made inquiries about replacing him last year and while this is only a minor move it certainly provides some more competition for Jones.

8 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Shitty free agent class all together

With the cap going up $10-12 million each year, less and less decent FA are becoming available.

Paradis/Morse/Saffold/Foster would be all upgrades over what we currently have on the IOL, just struggle to see JRob getting in a bidding war for any of them.

It's why despite many here suggesting it's not going to happen you simply can't entirely rule out a first round IOL this year.

First, thanks for the work Aussie.. the bargain in that list to me is #10, Finney.. he has been Pouncey's backup and potentially could really blossom.. but the question is "Is he better than Levin, Jones, Grassu?? maybe not so I don't see us going Center in FA.. the next question is Left guard to replace Spain... could that be Pamphile, Stinnie , or Jones?  Saffold is better but at what cost? so maybe we do draft a LG..

IMO, the Grasu signing is the same as the Pamphile signing last year.    They're simply bringing in a veteran FA to compete and add depth.   

I wouldn't read anything at all into it.  If he earns a roster spot....hey, great.   If not, then it's because other guys beat him out.

17 hours ago, Justafan said:

This could be insurance for an early draft pick to come in and play LG.  That would be my guess.  At the very least, he's another versatile backup.  I believe this is just further evidence that Spain won't be back with us and that they don't plan on making wholesale changes to the interior line via free agency.

I would look for a LG in the draft in the first 3 rounds.  They likely saw someone at the Senior Bowl or East/West that they really like and have already targeted that player but need a veteran in case the rookie struggles early.  

That's what I'm thinking. I don't think this move bodes well for Jones.