AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Marcus's best friend at Oregon.

Didn't watch enough of him in Chicago to say exactly what happened, but by rep he's a pure ZBS guy and I'd guess a C/LG only.

I'm still not convinced JRob is still all in on Ben Jones, made inquiries about replacing him last year and while this is only a minor move it certainly provides some more competition for Jones.

1 hour ago, Nash said:

Grasu could certainly be the backup center if Levin is ready to start...and Pamphile could also be the swing guard..so who starts at the LG and RG spots?? 

Kline will be starting at right guard. Robinson was talking him up recently. 

Could end up being Grasu, Stinnie, Pamphile and even another veteran competing to start at left guard. With a rookie coming in to learn the ropes and take over for Kline a year two down the road. 

I don’t think this spells doom for Jones quite yet based on what I know about how much Robinson and Vrabel both love the guy. 

Next year though is a different story for Jones.

All that said, I wouldn’t be totally shocked to see him replaced a year early. But hopefully not by Grasu unless he just comes in and knocks it out of the park.

15 minutes ago, tgo said:

Kline will be starting at right guard. Robinson was talking him up recently. 

Could end up being Grasu, Stinnie, Pamphile and even another veteran competing to start at left guard. With a rookie coming in to learn the ropes and take over for Kline a year two down the road. 

I don’t think this spells doom for Jones quite yet based on what I know about how much Robinson and Vrabel both love the guy. 

Next year though is a different story for Jones.

All that said, I wouldn’t be totally shocked to see him replaced a year early. But hopefully not by Grasu unless he just comes in and knocks it out of the park.

If we are on the clock at #19 knowing that OLB and veteran WR had been taken care of in FA, I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility of JRob taking Garrett Bradbury, he is the absolute prototype of a C for a ZBS.

Many here don't agree but I think there is more of a chance JRob goes IOL at #19 than WR.

This could be insurance for an early draft pick to come in and play LG.  That would be my guess.  At the very least, he's another versatile backup.  I believe this is just further evidence that Spain won't be back with us and that they don't plan on making wholesale changes to the interior line via free agency.

I would look for a LG in the draft in the first 3 rounds.  They likely saw someone at the Senior Bowl or East/West that they really like and have already targeted that player but need a veteran in case the rookie struggles early.  

3 hours ago, ctm said:

The fact that he is in the last year of his contract and would yield a substantial cap savings might put him at risk of getting cut.

Did you say in another thread that we can actually save $2 mil cutting  Kline this year? I know we have an out for next year but if we can really save $2 mil he, Jones, and Cyprien would save us $12 million.

Stinnie played defensive line for 2 years and then became a left tackle in college.. has quick feet but was extremely raw coming out and last year was his first as a guard.. I suspect he is the RG of the future if he continues to improve