Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

Titans Add Veteran Offensive Lineman Hroniss Grasu

I have followed him some lately and has played well at times. 

I had no clue he was Mariota’s center. Interesting. 

My initial thought is that he’s a swing backup type guy who could compete to start at any interior spot. 

What was the consensus on Corey Levin when he played at C and Jones moved over to OG to replace Spain?

3 minutes ago, ctm said:

What was the consensus on Corey Levin when he played at C and Jones moved over to OG to replace Spain?

Levin played well at center that game. 

Much better than he played at guard. And Levin is a better center than Jones is a guard imo

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I'm still not convinced JRob is still all in on Ben Jones, made inquiries about replacing him last year and while this is only a minor move it certainly provides some more competition for Jones.

The fact that he is in the last year of his contract and would yield a substantial cap savings might put him at risk of getting cut.

I love the scouting report from NFL.COM on him

Sources Tell Us: "He grows on you over time, but he's got some warts. I don't know how he got away with as much holding as he did at Oregon. They will catch that in the pros." -- NFL offensive line coach

NFL Comparison: Brian Schwenke

The interior OL situation is interesting. 

They’ll probably let Spain walk, and then we have Levin who is growing into a decent player. 

I see them re-signing Pamphile as well (but who knows). He can play all 5 OL spots. And they’ve signed Grasu.

And they also have Stinnie, who you would think they wouldn’t have wasted a roster spot on for the whole year unless he has a legitimate future here.

Jones is no lock, but I don’t see them moving on from him unless someone comes in and outright beats him out resoundingly. 

I really will be surprised if they spend an early pick on an OL or spend any big money on one either. That’s the advantage of running a zone blocking scheme. 

I bet they sign one more guy on the cheap and then draft someone in the mid rounds, but I see no truly major investment here, just looking at things at this stage. 

3 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I love the scouting report from NFL.COM on him

Maybe we could bring back Schwenke too since he’ll be coming free from the Pats. 

And now he has a big shiny Superbowl ring!