Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

AJ Green and Julio Jones

52O   
18 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Amari Cooper is 24. AJ Green is 30

Guess I thought he was more 28ish. But he’s still got another five years of pretty damn great left. Worth it 

4 minutes ago, 52O said:

Guess I thought he was more 28ish. But he’s still got another five years of pretty damn great left. Worth it 

He'll actually be 31 when the season starts so 5 is a stretch. 

Rolltide   

Anybody who thinks Edelman is average is brain dead. 

I would gladly give a 1st rd pick for AJ Green 30 years old is nothing for that position. He should have another 4-5 prime years left. 

You could end up with a mediocre player with that pick or a guy who plays his best football after he leaves here. Green is a future hall of fame player are you kidding me?

We would at least need to sign him for a 2 year extension. His cap hit this year is very reasonable at $12M.  

Soxcat   
24 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Anybody who thinks Edelman is average is brain dead. 

I would gladly give a 1st rd pick for AJ Green 30 years old is nothing for that position. He should have another 4-5 prime years left. 

You could end up with a mediocre player with that pick or a guy who plays his best football after he leaves here. Green is a future hall of fame player are you kidding me?

We would at least need to sign him for a 2 year extension. His cap hit this year is very reasonable at $12M.  

Exactly, a guy like Green gives us an instant stud for the next 3-4 years.  It might take 2-3 years for a draft pick to be productive and still not have a guy half as good as Green.  Jones is even better than Green and at 30 years old had almost 1700 yards last season.  You pair Davis with a guy like Julio even Mariota should have success.  Which by the way is the whole point.  We don't have a Brady at QB who  can make average WRs look great.  Mariota needs all the help he can get which makes having real good playmakers around him even more of a priority. 

1 hour ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Would you give a first for Julio?

Well if Mariota gave me more confidence, yes I would. But If im the GM I would trade down this draft to acquire more 2020 picks and prepare to move on from Mariota, if he doesnt have a good season of course. 

Rolltide   
5 minutes ago, DecepticonShawn said:

Amari Cooper is 24. Aj Green is 30. Makes no sense. Id take Aj for a 3rd like someone else said but a first at this point no.

Name a 1st rd Wr who is better and will outproduce him over the next 3 years. Go ahead name that player. Kelvin Harmon is better than AJ Green?

The age thing is stupid. You can draft a guy at age 20-21 and he is gone at age 25. green is better than any WR in this draft!

nine   

IMO, the best argument for bringing in a top WR (or TE) is that it not only gives Mariota more weapons this year....it also helps ensure a strong and talented supporting cast for a rookie QB in 2020 if the JRob ultimately decides Marcus isn't the guy.

A first is valuable as hell to me. Im not against your idea i just wouldnt give a first for aj. For Julio I would though. Hes a year younger, more durable with less injuries over the years and right now just a flat better receiver. Ill ease up and say i might give a 2nd for aj but thats it.

Soxcat   

When we are talking WRs it is far different than comparing any other position.  They can play well into their 30s and are hard to draft.  So if you want a WR look at who you have the choice of in the draft and think it through.  You have a 50-50 chance of getting a dud.  A even higher % chance of getting a guy who might be decent but never reach the level of a Green or Julio.  Add in that even if the guy is good he might not produce at a high level for a year or so.  I'm not saying it is a no brainer but certainly something to consider.  Dalton has a QB rating almost 10 points less when he has had to play without Green. 

abc2330   
1 hour ago, nine said:

IMO, the best argument for bringing in a top WR (or TE) is that it not only gives Mariota more weapons this year....it also helps ensure a strong and talented supporting cast for a rookie QB in 2020 if the JRob ultimately decides Marcus isn't the guy.

It would be extreme overkill in both situations.  Plus Julio doesn't seem completely happy with his current situation in which he's getting enough targets to lead the league in yards.  Imagine the frustration Green or Jones would had while they were beating their matchups and looked back to see Marcus consistently on his ass or running into DTs, or having to consistently take hits in the middle of the field for what modest production we can get out of them.