AJ Green and Julio Jones

AussieTitanFan08

IMO, the best argument for bringing in a top WR (or TE) is that it not only gives Mariota more weapons this year....it also helps ensure a strong and talented supporting cast for a rookie QB in 2020 if the JRob ultimately decides Marcus isn't the guy.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big capitol for WRs is for suckers

I agree completely.    What I'm laughing at is Sox using the Pats as an example of a team that needed a great WR bc they "almost" lost the Super bc they didn't have one, ignoring that they m

No, Edleman didn't win SB MVP because of his physical prowess, he won it because of his brain and experience.  He knows how to find the hole(s) in a defense, and then he goes there. Like the old

A first is valuable as hell to me. Im not against your idea i just wouldnt give a first for aj. For Julio I would though. Hes a year younger, more durable with less injuries over the years and right now just a flat better receiver. Ill ease up and say i might give a 2nd for aj but thats it.

1 hour ago, nine said:

IMO, the best argument for bringing in a top WR (or TE) is that it not only gives Mariota more weapons this year....it also helps ensure a strong and talented supporting cast for a rookie QB in 2020 if the JRob ultimately decides Marcus isn't the guy.

It would be extreme overkill in both situations.  Plus Julio doesn't seem completely happy with his current situation in which he's getting enough targets to lead the league in yards.  Imagine the frustration Green or Jones would had while they were beating their matchups and looked back to see Marcus consistently on his ass or running into DTs, or having to consistently take hits in the middle of the field for what modest production we can get out of them.

To me, if you decide you want a starting caliber WR to go along side Davis, Golden Tate might be the guy worth looking at as a FA.   He'll cost some coin but he's a legit WR who can play in the slot or outside, runs great routes, is an excellent blocker, and he's produced in big games.

This is a great draft for some need spots for the Titans (front 7) and I'd love to see them keep their picks and take advantage.

39 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

To me, if you decide you want a starting caliber WR to go along side Davis, Golden Tate might be the guy worth looking at as a FA.   He'll cost some coin but he's a legit WR who can play in the slot or outside, runs great routes, is an excellent blocker, and he's produced in big games.

This is a great draft for some need spots for the Titans (front 7) and I'd love to see them keep their picks and take advantage.

This. It's nonsense how much people want to invest in skill positions simply for the sake of giving Mariota some weapons

3 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Oh yea, what is the other option?  Make sure we lose or don't make the playoffs?  Do we want to win the most games and have the best year we can?  The fact Mariota isn't that good is MORE reason to focus resources on skill positions.  That is all we can do now.  If we dump Mariota we will still have some playmakers in place for the next guy who will probably be a younger guy and need them as well.  Yea, we get it, Mariota sucks.  Would you prefer to go ahead with Gabbert and NOT give him weapons either? 

Who are you even talking to?