AJ Green and Julio Jones

AussieTitanFan08

21 minutes ago, reo said:

LOL so which is it? Pat's almost lost bc they don't have a great WR or Edelman is a great WR?

No, Edleman didn't win SB MVP because of his physical prowess, he won it because of his brain and experience.  He knows how to find the hole(s) in a defense, and then he goes there.

Like the old baseball adage "hit 'em where they ain't."

Brady knows this, and knows if he sees a hole in the coverage anywhere near Edleman's route, that Edleman will find it, and be there.

There's both chemistry and trust involved here, and both are dependent upon experience with each other, and then familiarity with what you're up against in terms of the opponent and their scheme.

More than anything, I believe that's what Marcus missed with Delanie out last season.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big capitol for WRs is for suckers

I agree completely.    What I'm laughing at is Sox using the Pats as an example of a team that needed a great WR bc they "almost" lost the Super bc they didn't have one, ignoring that they m

No, Edleman didn't win SB MVP because of his physical prowess, he won it because of his brain and experience.  He knows how to find the hole(s) in a defense, and then he goes there. Like the old

39 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

No, Edleman didn't win SB MVP because of his physical prowess, he won it because of his brain and experience.  He knows how to find the hole(s) in a defense, and then he goes there.

Brady knows this, and knows if he sees a hole in the coverage anywhere near Edleman's route, that Edleman will find it, and be there.

There's both chemistry and trust involved here, and both are dependent upon experience with each other, and then familiarity with what you're up against in terms of the opponent and their scheme.

More than anything, I believe that's what Marcus missed with Delanie out last season.

Like Marcus' mental processing ability is anywhere close to Brady.  Walker actually does get open because of physical prowess.

Edited by abc2330

37 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

I agree completely. 

What I'm laughing at is Sox using the Pats as an example of a team that needed a great WR bc they "almost" lost the Super bc they didn't have one, ignoring that they made it there and won it thus negating his arguement. But then once pressed about it, claiming Edelman was a great WR.... thus negating using them as an example of a team almost losing bc they didn't have a great WR.

It was just a hilarious convoluted clusterfuck of a point that I found entertaining. 

3 hours ago, Starkiller said:

It’s also worth adding that Antonio Brown will be on the trade block if teams are looking to add a top WR. And the Steelers are more inclined to move him than the Bengals or Falcons are with their guys. 

Eh, idk. The Bengals have Tyler Boyd who really came on strong this past year and they also have John Ross who could potentially break out.

2 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Eh, idk. The Bengals have Tyler Boyd who really came on strong this past year and they also have John Ross who could potentially break out.

John Ross will always be could potentially, that's his ceiling.  210 yards this year.

29 minutes ago, Number9 said:

John Ross will always be could potentially, that's his ceiling.  210 yards this year.

The point of my post wasn't about Ross and his potential. It was about why the Bengals may be open to trading Green. You think his ceiling is mere potential and that may turn out to be true down the road. But you don't know how the Bengals view/value Ross.

Even if Ross is nothing but potential, the Bengals are the ones who drafted him. It wouldn't be the first mistake they've ever made and it wouldn't be the last.

21 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

But you don't know how the Bengals view/value Ross.

No.  I just know how anybody in their right mind would probably look at John Ross.  Number 9 overall pick, 219 yards total, in two years.