Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

AJ Green and Julio Jones

Recommended Posts

Interesting little snippet from Albert Breer's Gameplan column today.

 

"Receiver movement. The draft class isn’t flush with high-end receivers (but there is depth at the position into the third and fourth rounds). Neither is the free-agent market (Golden Tate and Randall Cobb are the headliners). For that reason, I believe teams will get creative and make calls about Julio Jones and A.J. Green. Will it work? I don’t know. But it can hurt to ask."

 

If A.J Green could be pried out of the Bengals what would you give up to get him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Number9   

No more than a 3rd.  AJ has some mileage and he just had toe surgery.  

 

**John Ross had 192 yards receiving in 2018.  Strange thing is he only had 21 catches, but seven of them were for TDs.

Edited by Number9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nine   

I like Green and Jones....both are great players.    But personally, I've always felt WR is perhaps the single most overrated position in football.   The media hype and fan adoration they receive far exceeds their actual impact.

 

If I'm intent on upgrading the receiving corps, I'd look at trading for an elite TE or draft a guy like Hochenson before trading for a WR.  But that's just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soxcat   

The Pats did not have that quality WR on the outside and it almost cost them the SB.  Their other "great" WR carried the offense and than God for them they had Edleman.

Great WRs are worth it.  Middle of the road guys not so much.  Either way you better have guys who can separate and make plays.  A guy like Hopkins is well worth whatever he gets paid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s also worth adding that Antonio Brown will be on the trade block if teams are looking to add a top WR. And the Steelers are more inclined to move him than the Bengals or Falcons are with their guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
reo   
3 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

The Pats did not have that quality WR on the outside and it almost cost them the SB.  Their other "great" WR carried the offense and than God for them they had Edleman.

Great WRs are worth it.  Middle of the road guys not so much.  Either way you better have guys who can separate and make plays.  A guy like Hopkins is well worth whatever he gets paid. 

Key word there being "almost".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soxcat   
2 minutes ago, reo said:

Key word there being "almost".

Considering the discussion was about how WRs are overrated and the Pats won because they had the best TE and slot WR in football.  If they had a run of the mill slot guy out there how do they fair?  If they had the WRs and TE the Titans played with all season how do they do even with Brady?  These arguments about the value of WRs are so darn stupid it baffles the mind.  If you have average WRs that can be guarded by good CBs your passing game is going to suffer.  If you don't have at least one stud to force double teams your passing game will suffer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
reo   
1 minute ago, Soxcat said:

Considering the discussion was about how WRs are overrated and the Pats won because they had the best TE and slot WR in football.  If they had a run of the mill slot guy out there how do they fair?  If they had the WRs and TE the Titans played with all season how do they do even with Brady?  These arguments about the value of WRs are so darn stupid it baffles the mind.  If you have average WRs that can be guarded by good CBs your passing game is going to suffer.  If you don't have at least one stud to force double teams your passing game will suffer. 

Lol Edelman is average at best and is only relevant bc of Brady. Dude didn't even have a great season, just a good Superbowl. There's a case to be made for a top WR but using the Pats "almost" losing bc they didn't have one and then pivoting to them having a great slot WR is just dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abc2330   
1 hour ago, reo said:

Lol Edelman is average at best and is only relevant bc of Brady. Dude didn't even have a great season, just a good Superbowl. There's a case to be made for a top WR but using the Pats "almost" losing bc they didn't have one and then pivoting to them having a great slot WR is just dumb.

That's an idiotic argument.  People said the same thing about Welker, yet he had over 1,000 yards with Matt Cassell. 

 

Brady is good.  As is nearly everyone around him.

 

 

Edited by abc2330

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...