New serious contender for funniest death of all time

OILERMAN

North Carolina man with ALS dies on the way to Super Bowl

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/north-carolina-man-with-als-given-free-super-bowl-tickets-dies-on-the-way-to-game-police

A North Carolina man who suffered from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) was given free tickets to the Super Bowl LIII but tragically died before he made it to the stadium, according to reports.

Ed Cushman, 39, was given tickets to Sunday's game from Team Gleason, a charity named after former New Orleans Saints player Steve Gleason that cares for people diagnosed with ALS, according to its website.

North Carolina’s The State reported that Cushman and his brother Rob Cushman were driving to Atlanta in a 2007 Dodge Caravan Saturday when the vehicle began “smoking underneath.” Rob Cushman pulled over on the side of I-85, just two hours outside Georgia, to inspect the vehicle. Smoke and flames began erupting from the vehicle, the report said.

Rob Cushman tried to rescue his brother who was on a ventilator and in a wheelchair, but “the flames became too intense,” George authorities said. Ed Cushman was ultimately trapped inside and burned to death, WWL reported.

“While we are devastated, we are happy he is no longer suffering from the pain of ALS.”

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

We are happy he is no longer suffering from ALS!

I'm not proud to say it...but I legitimately laughed when I read that line. I think it's due to absurd cosmic irony. 

I mean...sure. I guess. That's certainly one way to look at the situation. 

Yet another example of wasting perfectly good Super Bowl tickets on gimps.  When will they ever learn?  There are plenty of normal people that could have put those tickets to good use, rather than wasting them on cripples and retards.

I 100 percent blame Steve Gleason for this. If he wouldn't have given them the tickets, they never would have driven to Atlanta. If they never drove to Atlanta, then the van wouldn't have reached temperatures only seen in the middle of a Hot Pocket. If the van didn't become a mobile incinerator, wheelchair guy's remains wouldn't resemble all of my wife's meals.

#ProsecuteSteveGleason

4 hours ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

I 100 percent blame Steve Gleason for this. If he wouldn't have given them the tickets, they never would have driven to Atlanta. If they never drove to Atlanta, then the van wouldn't have reached temperatures only seen in the middle of a Hot Pocket. If the van didn't become a mobile incinerator, wheelchair guy's remains wouldn't resemble all of my wife's meals.

#ProsecuteSteveGleason

Family: “At least he doesn’t have ALS anymore!”

Archived