Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Dean Pees Previews 2019 Defense

Huston   
40 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Landry started lookin like a man among boys end of season. Just a hair short on so many plays. 

I thought he was actually just as impressive late as Evens was, he came inches short on a bunch of strip sacks late in the year that you dont notice till you re watch the play.

tgo   
1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Found it interesting when Pees was talking about FA/Draft, he definitely had a emphasis of speed over size.

Kind of a mischaracterization of sorts. 

He's saying he wants bigger guys if they're also fast, rather than just big guys for the sake of big guys. 

I know we need more pieces on offense, and if a can't miss guy is there at 19 then fine, but I hope we keep stockpiling defense. Last draft was great for picking up a couple of possible cornerstone players. Let's keep adding to that.

3 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I know we need more pieces on offense, and if a can't miss guy is there at 19 then fine, but I hope we keep stockpiling defense. Last draft was great for picking up a couple of possible cornerstone players. Let's keep adding to that.

But to the offense

3 minutes ago, headhunter said:

But to the offense

Like I said, if there's a can't miss prospect there then fine. But I'd rather add to the defense via the draft and offense in FA. We don't need any more rookie/young receivers as we already have plenty of those. And unless there's Gronkowski the 2nd sitting there at 19 then maybe we could wait until the 2nd round for a tight end.

cenj   
5 hours ago, tgo said:

Kind of a mischaracterization of sorts. 

He's saying he wants bigger guys if they're also fast, rather than just big guys for the sake of big guys. 

He certainly didn't make a case for two- gap clogging behemoths. But I don't think you can really read anything into these general offseason comments.

ctm   

The only thing added to the offense in 2018 was a rotational RB.

Unless you want to count a 7th round Qb who is no longer with the team, the entire draft was defense.  The titans had one expensive free agent...a CB with a rotational DL thrown in for good measure.

Edited by ctm

Soxcat   

We actually lost players on offense to injury and Matthews quitting.  Not only did we draft three guys on defense but Finch came in as a FA and looks promising.

The offense really needs most of the attention this draft.  OL, WR and TE not to mention we may consider taking a shot at another QB at some point and hope we get lucky. 

Number9   

We need better defensive players for depth and improvement.  But we should not forget that both those SB teams offenses are light years ahead of the Titans.  The Rams played that 100+ scoring game on MNF.  Tom Brady has slowed, but he could still hang 35 on teams.  Nobody wants to address it, but right now we have a QB that's incapable of getting the offense to score 30 points in a game.

Why would we not take a QB with our first pick this year?  We have the luxury of developing him and he come in like Mahomes.  Oh, we don't have an Andy Reid to develop him.  We have seen four years of Mariota.  He's not going to miraculously become Russell Wilson this year.  So, what's the advantage of getting 7-9 wins and drafting a rookie QB in 2020?  Who has a better shot?  A QB starting his second season after being trained and watching for a season, or a rookie thrown out there to QB a playoff team?

This is why I have soured right now on the Titans.  The gamble on Mariota was a bad play.