Arthur Smith: Likes 2018 system, team will use same language.

big2033

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually think Smith will be much better about fitting the scheme to the personnel and not being so tied to the system he wants to run. He'll be far less inflexible than LaFleur was about the system

Albert Breer wrote a really interesting article on the Patriots calling two defenses on every play, they showed one alignment before the communication was shutoff between McVay/Goff and then switched

Two words:   Exotic Smashmouth 

I'm completely on board with Smith's ideas on what the offense should look like. Aside from the late season flukey broken leg Mariota was barely hit in 2016 and the offense was very good running a playaction based passing game off of a power running game. 

If Henry can pick up where he left off the Titans could have a dominant running game and get big plays from Davis and the TEs.

Mariota can play adequate if they can run and use playaction. Control the clock and rest the defense. 

I think there’s actually an argument for Manning in there. Both played terrible, yet one ended up with 24 points and the other 13. Manning led more than one TD drive. Brady basically handed them the game for 3 quarters. I retract my stance. Brady is worst ever for a winning SB QB. Coaching doesn’t matter of course. 

50 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I'm completely on board with Smith's ideas on what the offense should look like. Aside from the late season flukey broken leg Mariota was barely hit in 2016 and the offense was very good running a playaction based passing game off of a power running game. 

If Henry can pick up where he left off the Titans could have a dominant running game and get big plays from Davis and the TEs.

Mariota can play adequate if they can run and use playaction. Control the clock and rest the defense. 

Serious question: do you actually believe Mularkey’s offense beats the Patriots, Eagles, and Dallas? 

Belichick is the greatest coach in NFL history, maybe any sport. Also one of the best general managers.

Brady is the best QB of all time

BB doesn't win 6 SBs without Brady and it's ridiculous to shit on Brady, he's 41, of course he's not as good as he was in his prime. 

Wade Phillips is one of the best defensive coordinators of all time, yea he did a  great job on the Pats offense, no surprise. 

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Serious question: do you actually believe Mularkey’s offense beats the Patriots, Eagles, and Dallas? 

Mulakrey's two years he had the best record vs winning teams and playoff teams. The Eagles were decimated and nothing special and Dallas? LOL. The Pats themselves lost to some mediocre teams, it was their worst team in a long time. 

Acting like Vrabel did the impossible by beating those teams is hyperbole. 

I'd rather have Vrabel than Mularkey everything being equal. 

The retard Mularkey went 9-7, the genius Vrabel went 9-7. Amazing

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Mulakrey's two years he had the best record vs winning teams and playoff teams. The Eagles were decimated and nothing special and Dallas? LOL. The Pats themselves lost to some mediocre teams, it was their worst team in a long time. 

Acting like Vrabel did the impossible by beating those teams is hyperbole. 

I'd rather have Vrabel than Mularkey everything being equal. 

Care to answer the question? 

3 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Albert Breer wrote a really interesting article on the Patriots calling two defenses on every play, they showed one alignment before the communication was shutoff between McVay/Goff and then switched alignments before the ball was snapped, Goff had absolutely no idea what was going on.

While in the short term McVay basically telling Goff what to do helped the offense be efficient, but you have to wonder if it has stunted his long term growth.

I commented on this during the game. Mcvay hasnt done Goff any favors. Time to cut the umbilical cord.

Edited by oldschool

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Belichick is the greatest coach in NFL history, maybe any sport. Also one of the best general managers.

Brady is the best QB of all time

BB doesn't win 6 SBs without Brady and it's ridiculous to shit on Brady, he's 41, of course he's not as good as he was in his prime. 

Wade Phillips is one of the best defensive coordinators of all time, yea he did a  great job on the Pats offense, no surprise. 

Brady is the luckiest QB of all time.  He's had top 10 scoring defenses all but 3 of his years in the league.  Unbelievable.  And the rest of his team is extremely well coached, disciplined, and rises to the occasion in big moments.  I'd like the chances of several QBs to match his success in such a situation.  Every SB loss was because of his inability to avoid a pass rush when they needed to push the ball down the field late, and several SB wins came due to amateur coaching mistakes from the opposing team when they blew their loads instead of playing smart , disciplined football.

Did you guys hear that the Pats had been running (I think) man coverage all year and then switched to zone for the SB. That and the changing alignments on defense were too much for the rams. Imagine being McVay and having two weeks of game planning thrown out the window on the first drive.

edit: after reading the whole thread I forgot what thread I was even commenting on lol

Edited by Thrill

21 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

The Titans this year were 29th passing the ball.  23rd the year before.

With the surge by Henry we managed to reach 7th in rushing where we were 15th the year before. 

So all in all the offense took a step back and were embarrassing at times early in the season. 

So yes, Mularkey had about as much chance of winning those games.

It is hard to compare considering the loss of Walker and not having a viable #2 WR when Matthews quit on the team. 

Still, IMO Mularkey gets way more crap than he deserves and the jury is still out for Vrabel. 

We were one of the best teams in terms of converting 3rd downs and avoiding 3 and outs this year, and we were one of the worst in 17 under Mularkey.  Teams would have mowed him over, given the circumstances that we were forced to endure.  We'd probably be picking in the top 5.  

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The retard had the team with the fewest starters on the injury report every week out of all the teams in the NFL.

Vrabel had the team with the most injuries, or damned close to it.

The two seasons aren't comparable for anything more than their final record.

Well, except for the other retards who are still crowing about Mularkey's prowess.

41 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

The retard had the team with the fewest starters on the injury report every week out of all the teams in the NFL.

Vrabel had the team with the most injuries, or damned close to it.

The two seasons aren't comparable for anything more than their final record.

Well, except for the other retards who are still crowing about Mularkey's prowess.

And the wins against the Eagles Cowboys and even the Pats were just blind luck too in his eyes lol he has more excuse for Mularkey then the so called Marcus homers.