Opinion Change We Need To Focus On Improving Offense

MIKE75

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call me crazy, but insert a vet like Humphries, Walker(who will definitely be useful in some capacity, despite his age), a more experience Davis/Taylor/Smith, make some sort of improvement to the inte

I have accepted the Titans are in it for the money. They will do some things, but their goal #1 is sell tickets. 

I’m beginning to think they address WR and OLB in FA as well as a blocking TE. Maybe they like Pruitt for that. I don’t know.    I am going to venture and say we see a tandem like   

On 2/5/2019 at 6:48 AM, Number9 said:

I have accepted the Titans are in it for the money. They will do some things, but their goal #1 is sell tickets. 

Occasionally the Titans will draft a stud offensive player but yeah, this team is in no way serious about pushing the envelope on NFL offense, which is fast becoming the standard for properly competing.

53 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

Occasionally the Titans will draft a stud offensive player but yeah, this team is in no way serious about pushing the envelope on NFL offense, which is fast becoming the standard for properly competing.

What coveted receiver would want to work with our QB situation?  That's a good way to lose money.

4 hours ago, big2033 said:

No. I can tell you the Jaguars did. How'd that work out for them? 

Who cares about how much money we spend? Will us spending make us better than 9-7? Maybe if we spend for Aaron Rodgers.

Other than that it's about fit in your system. The Patriots understand that.

I'd want to spend money on a WR when our passing game shows it's at least capable of being average.

It’s frustrating to me, as a fan, to spend a substantial portion of my discretionary income on paying for tickets and going to the games when the team is not doing the same. That’s as plain as I can. Other season ticket holders have voiced similar frustrations 

4 hours ago, big2033 said:

No. I can tell you the Jaguars did. How'd that work out for them? 

Who cares about how much money we spend? Will us spending make us better than 9-7? Maybe if we spend for Aaron Rodgers.

Other than that it's about fit in your system. The Patriots understand that.

I'd want to spend money on a WR when our passing game shows it's at least capable of being average.

When we start getting bye weeks or additional advantages for being under the cap other than the Adams Strunk family can save a tens of million dollars I’ll feel differently. 

Your opinion sways like a cottontail. Defense wins. Always has. The 2 people in the Superbowl had good defenses and good running games. The difference? 1 side had a defensive genius at coach and Tom Brady as QB vs an offensive coach and a QB that was drafted too high. 

This trendy idea that offense wins championships just really doesn't hold water. PRO BOWLERS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. It honestly doesn't matter which side of the ball they're on. But it's really damn hard to win in the playoffs/SB w/o a good defense. 

On 2/4/2019 at 1:48 PM, Number9 said:

22 hours ago, Tnasty said:

Can you name me a year where the Titans went out into FA and made a big splash?

I'll wait

The whole point of the post was to support the idea that Titans brass only cares about selling tickets.

We are ALWAYS substantially below cap. We had 1 year where we resigned all of our guys to big contracts in early 2000s. Other than that, we've been well below.

There are years they make big moves. Just this last season we were willing to go hard after Ndamukong Suh. 2013 we spent a lot and brought in Delanie Walker,Bernard Pollard,Andy Levitre,Dexter McCluster,etc. But you are right more often than not we are gonna make big splashes.

The team right now has been winning for three straight years since JRob arrived.

2016 we won 9 games,2017 we won 9 games AND made the playoffs winning a playoff game,2018 we won 9 games but if Nick Williams catches the ball at Buffalo and Vrabel runs Henry on 2 point try in London we win 11 games. The trajectory is there we have been steadily improving each year.

With a good draft/free agency in 2019 along with Mariota healthy we have zero reason to miss the postseason in '19.

I expect JRob to make improvements where need be like the interior offensive line. I could see us adding a young RB to the mix. He should bring in an experienced WR someone like Golden Tate to help the wideouts.

We need help in the trenches both offensively AND defensively. I would expect help on the defensive line as well as edge. Last season we took care of the secondary.

Its been said before controlling the line of scrimmage wins games. No team showed that more than Indy and its no coincidence that as soon as they get better on the offensive line that they start winning games again.

20 hours ago, freakingeek said:

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. In regards to the OP question..... stay fucking healthy.

Agreed. Staying healthy needs to be a big goal.

That all starts at the very top with the main position starting QB.

Mariota has to stay healthy and play for us to win.

I am a big supporter of his but if he gets hurt again this coming season then we need to begin making plans to look at that position because he is no help to us on the bench. I won't lie i was not happy at all about the Indy game. There was talk all week about him getting better. If he was banged up he should've played after all plenty of other starters have played hurt when a playoff game is on the line.

Call me crazy, but insert a vet like Humphries, Walker(who will definitely be useful in some capacity, despite his age), a more experience Davis/Taylor/Smith, make some sort of improvement to the interior OL (maybe Levin is ready), then I think this could be a good offense with a healthy Mariota.

10 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Just looking at the offense on that team they had Welker and Moss at WR and their top 3 RBs ran for 1500 yards and a 5.0 YPC average.  OL was solid. 

On defense they were pretty loaded. 

Yeah I cant stand when ppl bring up Cassel and the Pats 11-5 crap. That team was 16-0 with Brady, they were loaded. The AFC was also lopsided that year. 11-5 wasn't even good enough for the Pats to get to the playoffs.

3 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

Yeah I cant stand when ppl bring up Cassel and the Pats 11-5 crap. That team was 16-0 with Brady, they were loaded. The AFC was also lopsided that year. 11-5 wasn't even good enough for the Pats to get to the playoffs.

The team absolutely dropped massively the year Brady went down 

17 hours ago, abc2330 said:

Call me crazy, but insert a vet like Humphries, Walker(who will definitely be useful in some capacity, despite his age), a more experience Davis/Taylor/Smith, make some sort of improvement to the interior OL (maybe Levin is ready), then I think this could be a good offense with a healthy Mariota.

I think Walker will be a pleasant surprise.  Players are coming back from all kinds of injuries today because of the huge medical advancements.  Walker will rehab just like he plays, all out.  

10 hours ago, GOAT9 said:

You can look at Brady's career in NE and see which year was the outlier.  They typically win 13 games and he throws somewhere around 30 TDs each year.  Every QB has an insane year where they put up crazy numbers like 2011 Rodgers, 2016 Ryan, 2004 manning, etc.  They all typically return to earth shortly afterwards.  NE won 10 games when Brady returned the following year with Moss, Edelman, a top 5 scoring defense, etc.

Of course they weren't as good with Cassell.  Cassell was a massive downgrade from Mariota, let alone Brady.  The fact that they could get 3,700 yards and 11 wins in a more competitive AFC that year speaks to how good of a situation Brady has been in.