NashvilleNinja

Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs Patriots GT

WG53   
16 minutes ago, TitansFan23 said:

Moss is the best. Imagine we took Dyson. 

Moss went to a team where a HoF caliber WR was there to mentor him and had an offensive minded HC

He would not have been the same player in Tennessee. 

54 minutes ago, WG53 said:

Moss went to a team where a HoF caliber WR was there to mentor him and had an offensive minded HC

He would not have been the same player in Tennessee. 

Chris Carter wasn’t that good

Surprisingly I only saw 3 questionable calls that benefited the Pats. But every single one of them caused a loss of momentum for Rams or gain of momentum for Pats. 

It's fuckin rigged man....

OILERMAN   

Brady played pretty poorly as well

I also forgot Goff took a sack before the Rams FG making it much longer, Hightower dropped his first pass to to start the 2nd half 

scine09   
5 hours ago, WG53 said:

Incorrect.

He’s right.  Chris Carter was not a good football player.  I assume at least that there was a Chris Carter who played.

Cris Carter, on the other hand, he was a great receiver.

Face   

All the talk about how defense doesn't matter anymore & the final four were the best offensive teams, etc, wasn't really the case. I know that's what the numbers say but by the time the playoffs rolled around the Pats & especially the Rams & Saints were really running/defensive teams. Even the Chiefs offense slowed down a bit & their pass rush really came on.

The Saints offense was actually flat out bad the last 3rd or so of the season, their D might've been playing better then anymore besides Chicago though. The Rams passing game was barely a threat anymore, they ran all over Dallas though & then were in 2 low scoring games.

It reminds me a bit of the '06 Colts, who scored a zillion points & had a terrible defense but by the time the playoffs rolled around they got Bob Sanders back & their defense dominated the last 2-3 games & into the playoffs, without Manning doing much.

Obviously there's no set formula but I think having a QB & defense is probably the best bet.

Soxcat   
39 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

There were a few sacks Jared Goff took that were absolutely awful. He looked like a scared rookie out there. 

Worst super bowl ive ever witnessed. 

The Pats did do a good job of covering the Rams receivers and the great Rams OL had problems.  Goff definitely looked confused.  Obviously not used to looking for his 3rd and 4th options and not enough time to do so.  I do think the Rams could have done more with their RBs in the passing game.  They also lacked a quality TE to take some pressure off.