Netflix Doc: Abducted in plain sight

OILERMAN

21 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Trust me, the alien stuff isn't even on the meter

This is literally the craziest shit I've ever seen. 

I haven't seen this so idk what it's about other than a brief synopsis, but can you say what exactly makes it so crazy compared to other things? Or is it just something I have to watch to understand.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously the dad was clearly gay. What straight man gives his buddy a hand job because he needs relief? Also the mother was in love with "b". The predator was actually telling the truth near the end

I chuckled when Soyboy Bob started tearing up when he mentioned that the day he filed for divorce, "was the worst day of his life." LOL...never mind the multiple "kidnappings" of his daughter, the day

Posted Images

1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I haven't seen this so idk what it's about other than a brief synopsis, but can you say what exactly makes it so crazy compared to other things? Or is it just something I have to watch to understand.

And if you answer this will it be a spoiler?

1 minute ago, MadMax said:

And if you answer this will it be a spoiler?

Right. I'm not looking for spoilers. But I do want to know why it's crazier than a documentary about Ted Bundy or Charles Manson convincing hippies to murder for him. I mean, child abduction and all that kind of shit is as creepy and depraved as you want, but murder is still a level beyond that, specifically when it's by sociopaths/psychopaths. 

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Right. I'm not looking for spoilers. But I do want to know why it's crazier than a documentary about Ted Bundy or Charles Manson convincing hippies to murder for him. I mean, child abduction and all that kind of shit is as creepy and depraved as you want, but murder is still a level beyond that, specifically when it's by sociopaths/psychopaths. 

Without spoilers, the craziness lies in the decision making of the family of the abducted girl....

What the fucking fuck did I just watch?

All of you...god-damn all of you who recommended this. Now everytime someone even looks at a kid weird, I'm gonna lose it and go all Ramsey skin-flaying.

I have conflicting feelings of horrible pity for the family, and wanting to just bomb the whole bloodline out of existence.

Obviously the dad was clearly gay. What straight man gives his buddy a hand job because he needs relief? Also the mother was in love with "b". The predator was actually telling the truth near the end when he said the parents were pimping out the daughter for sexual relations with him. 

The parents were clearly scared of their affairs and homosexual activity coming out publicly in the church. 

When the FBI tapped the phones and the mother would answer the phone it was sickening how happy she was talking to "b" while her daughter was missing! She also had a smile as she discussed her affair. 

The FBI guy was so pissed he had to deal with these parents. LOL @ the parents signing the statement clearing "b" in the first kid napping!

The dad(mom too) played the part of a naive idiot but he was def overplaying it to hide what was really going on. The mom was more upfront about what a piece of shit whore she was for allowing her daughter into that situation. "It was 1970, who knew letting a grown man sleep in the bed with your young daughter was bad, after all he said it was therapy!" Anyone knew, that's who knew!

The parents should have been charged with something, maybe neglect or endangerment of a child. These sick fucks wrote a book and want a movie. 

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The parents were clearly scared of their affairs and homosexual activity coming out publicly in the church. 

The parents and family were Latter Day Saints.

"B" even used the whole "save another planet" to trick the daughter.

The irony for me was when the daughter finally comes clean to the mother, telling her all that happened and why, the mom said "does my daughter really believe this?".  What a bunch of loons!

Guess the magic underwear didn't work so well.

Agreed with you @OILERMAN.

Dad is obviously gay, which explains a lot. B figured that out fast and knew he could exploit the parents. The mom never had a truly romantic relationship with the dad, and you can tell they all know and did know he was secretly gay, so she probably felt that her relationship with B wasn't all that bad. They both felt bad about the religious aspect of their marriage, the "fidelity," but they knew they weren't romantically in love.

The mom describing the affair was the most sickening part to watch. She was getting aroused just re-living it. That woman is fucked up. The dad is a little bitch and was entirely passive, but the mom absolutely knew what was going on. She was holding out hope that B would still want her. Even the lawyer told her specifically to cut him out of her life, so it sounds like during the divorce filings, the mom still wanted to keep B around. She looks like she misses him even now and would sleep with him again. 

And she started writing the goddamn book in the 90s? She's not the predator that B is, but she's a horrible, horrible human who pimped her daughter out so her lover would stay around, then realized she could make more money telling the world.

Both parents absolutely knew he was molesting her, and they tried to rationalize it by hoping he was just touching her and not actually having sex (remember the mother asking the doctor about the daughter's hymen and saying she was relieved? She totally fucking knew). When the sister recounted the victim spilling the alien story, she mentioned how both parents didn't probe and didn't want to hear details. They fucking knew and wanted to keep it quiet. He slept in her bed 4 times a week for 6 months? What the fucking fuck? It could have been In the 1500s, nobody is oblivious to that. 

This documentary hitting Netflix will not be good for that family. More people are gonna realize the family knew, and it's gonna cause more problems with their already weird relationships

Edited by cenj

I chuckled when Soyboy Bob started tearing up when he mentioned that the day he filed for divorce, "was the worst day of his life." LOL...never mind the multiple "kidnappings" of his daughter, the days that he didn't know if she was dead/alive/her location, the hundreds of nights that he let and knew that B was molesting her in her bed, the day B burned down his fucking business, etc...

I'm emailing that passive, gullible fuck an email about a business opportunity with a Nigerian prince as we speak......

5 hours ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

I chuckled when Soyboy Bob started tearing up when he mentioned that the day he filed for divorce, "was the worst day of his life." LOL...never mind the multiple "kidnappings" of his daughter, the days that he didn't know if she was dead/alive/her location, the hundreds of nights that he let and knew that B was molesting her in her bed, the day B burned down his fucking business, etc...

So true, that's a great point. He was emphatic at how that was unquestionably the worst day, and he was being sincere and breaking down on camera. That's a big slip up considering his "awww shucks, we didn't know" routine about his PRE-TEEN DAUGHTER BEING REPEATEDLY DRUGGED AND RAPED. And remember, the daughter totally avoided the dad and didn't want any affection. The documentary never really got clear explanations why she was so particularly angry and disengaged from her father, and the victim never clarified. We're left to assume it was just a symptom of her psychological abuse. Come to think of it, she was with her mother later in person and in pics, but did they show anything of her with her father?

This whole thing makes me so goddamn mad. B got away with raping more girls, and these assholes are acting like the victims. I'm shocked one of the other kids didn't lose it and take out the parents.

Edited by cenj