Corey Davis

Huston

2 minutes ago, Huston said:

Expect crickets that's direct a question lol and as far as the latter he's dug in so deep now he barely gets internet service down there.

That’s actually you claiming Goff and Mariota are better than Wentz, which no one actually believes 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who the fuck do you think threw him the ball in those last two pics?

I can explain it just fine but you'll simply write it all off as "excuses" and we'll be back to square one so what's the point? 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Wentz can play from the pocket, he reads defenses well and has a good understanding of the NFL passing game. He’s not running some dumb dumb playbook or getting his hand held.

like I said, We’ll see how it unfolds

Wentz plays from the pocket probably less then Marcus and isn't great at reading defense either at this point. And his playbook has a lot of RPO and shotgun, dont know why you love to push the narrative that he is running some pro style drop back offense because that's the farthest from the truth.

Edited by Huston

25 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

That’s actually you claiming Goff and Mariota are better than Wentz, which no one actually believes 

I still believe it and dont care if anyone else does.

Edited by Huston

They're clearly both franchise Quarterbacks. All a franchise QB is, is a QB whose organization has decided is the future/face of the franchise and isn't looking to move on from him ASAP. I think the term franchise quarterback has been conflated with "Good QB". Andy Dalton is a great example of a "Franchise QB" that most people don't necessarily agree is very good but the Bengals have clearly treated him like a franchise QB. Then there are guys like Bortles who are drafted to be franchise guys so the franchise treats them that way far too long. 

9 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

They're clearly both franchise Quarterbacks. All a franchise QB is, is a QB whose organization has decided is the future/face of the franchise and isn't looking to move on from him ASAP. I think the term franchise quarterback has been conflated with "Good QB". Andy Dalton is a great example of a "Franchise QB" that most people don't necessarily agree is very good but the Bengals have clearly treated him like a franchise QB. Then there are guys like Bortles who are drafted to be franchise guys so the franchise treats them that way far too long. 

There is one big tell that will show the Titans opinion of Mariota

Will he get an extension this off season/ before the 2019 season starts? 

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Just when I was coming out of my depression you scare the bejesus out of me.  If they extend MM before the 2019 season, I would go into a dark hole I might never return from.

19 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Exactly

If the Titans were confident Mariota was the long term answer he wouldn't play under the 5th year option, he'd be paid. 

Yep. The fact that neither Mariota nor Winston for that matter secured the long term deal and instead got the 5th year option is a big indicator that their teams are not completely sold on them.  At the same time, the alternative option isn't there either.

I like Marcus, but there's no way they extend him this offseason based on his performance and injuries the past couple years.   

Even if he improves considerably in 2019 and shows the consistency, production, and durability everyone is looking for.... it's still just one season.   I'd tag him for 2020 (probably $25-27M) and see if he sustains it two years in a row, rather than selling the farm after one strong season.

19 minutes ago, nine said:

I like Marcus, but there's no way they extend him this offseason based on his performance and injuries the past couple years.   

Even if he improves considerably in 2019 and shows the consistency, production, and durability everyone is looking for.... it's still just one season.   I'd tag him for 2020 (probably $25-27M) and see if he sustains it two years in a row, rather than selling the farm after one strong season.

I wonder how much the potential work stoppage will play into negotiations with players as we get closer to it.

9 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

He won't, nor should he.He hasn't shown we can rely on him for a full 16 games. My guess is the Titans feel about him about the same way I do; they trust his ability but not his ability to stay healthy.

On 2/6/2019 at 1:16 PM, OILERMAN said:

I said they were similar but I’d obviously rather have Goff, neither are franchise guys 

Well,  Goff took his team to a SB. he's still a QB who's got very good numbers, eventhough he has missed his favorite targets due to injuries.

I am not sure why you aren't calling Goff a franchise QB. Explain your reasons.

1 minute ago, TitanicoNFLriotFAN said:

Well,  Goff took his team to a SB. he's still a QB who's got very good numbers, eventhough he has missed his favorite targets due to injuries.

I am not sure why you aren't calling Goff a franchise QB. Explain your reasons.

System QB that doesnt make plays when things breaks down, does he audible? honest question. Doesnt read a defense that great. Thats probably why.