Corey Davis

Huston

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who the fuck do you think threw him the ball in those last two pics?

I can explain it just fine but you'll simply write it all off as "excuses" and we'll be back to square one so what's the point? 

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Back to Corey Davis.

He can play any WR position and will get better. He has all the tools to be elite. 

I agree. What most people don’t realize when it comes to some of the other WRs drafted that year, they were drafted to compliment the teams elite reciever. Davis was drafted TO BE the elite reciever. It will be interesting to see how juju looks next year without AB. 

3 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

I agree. What most people don’t realize when it comes to some of the other WRs drafted that year, they were drafted to compliment the teams elite reciever. Davis was drafted TO BE the elite reciever. It will be interesting to see how juju looks next year without AB. 

I think JuJu falls off a bit. He benefited a lot from AB. 

1 hour ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Just like Mike Williams and Keenan Allen. It’s a lot easier to produce when you aren’t asked to be THE guy who is double teamed most downs. 

I think it comes down to QB play. Which is why this thread keeps getting derailed.

Hard to evaluate Corey Davis in this passing offense. The fact he's done what he's done is a testament to his potential.

Mike Williams and Keenan Allen are as good as they are because Philip Rivers is passing to them.

Edited by big2033

32 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I think it comes down to QB play. Which is why this thread keeps getting derailed.

Hard to evaluate Corey Davis in this passing offense. The fact he's done what he's done is a testament to his potential.

Mike Williams and Keenan Allen are as good as they are because Philip Rivers is passing to them.

I don’t disagree that the QBs helps.  But to act like getting drafted to a team that has an elite wr already is the same as being drafted to be the elite wr is dumb. Ab and Keenan Allen get doubled every play, thus opening things up alittle more for other guys.  Who gets doubled on the Titans offense in 2018 besides Corey Davis? No one.  In the 1 game AB missed for the Steelers Juju had 5 catches for 37 yards and a 50% catch rate. Plus The titans offense passed like 170 times less than the league average in 2018. That’s over 10 fewer pass attempts per game than league average.  If they even hit league average Davis would have been over 1k easily.  Like I said before, it will be interesting to see juju next year when he is the guy getting double teamed. 

8 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

I don’t disagree that the QBs helps.  But to act like getting drafted to a team that has an elite wr already is the same as being drafted to be the elite wr is dumb. Ab and Keenan Allen get doubled every play, thus opening things up alittle more for other guys.  Who gets doubled on the Titans offense in 2018 besides Corey Davis? No one.  In the 1 game AB missed for the Steelers Juju had 5 catches for 37 yards and a 50% catch rate. Plus The titans offense passed like 170 times less than the league average in 2018. That’s over 10 fewer pass attempts per game than league average.  If they even hit league average Davis would have been over 1k easily.  Like I said before, it will be interesting to see juju next year when he is the guy getting double teamed. 

Are you sure that you are disagreeing with what he says?  You both seem to believe that the attention existing #1 receivers are getting open up opportunities for other young receivers ,a luxury Davis has not had.  Not even mentioning the QB deficiency compared to those teams.

Edited by abc2330

2 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Are you sure that you are disagreeing with what he says?  You both seem to believe that the attention existing #1 receivers are getting open up opportunities for other young receivers ,a luxury Davis has not had.  Not even mentioning the QB deficiency compared to those teams.

It seems like we are somewhat disagreeing. He is saying that it comes down to qb play and those guys are so good because of who is throwing them the ball. I’m saying regardless of QB, player A that’s drafted to a team with an elite WR automatically is in a better position to succeed than player B who was drafted to be the elite WR. In the 1 game Juju didn’t have AB to rely on he looked pedestrian and had a terrible catch rate.  I have no doubt in my mind that if Delanie walker doesn’t miss the whole season the passing game looks completely different and the numbers go way up. 

I know lot of fans like Mariota.  I also think they are a pragmatists when they evaluate him, knowing it's not easy to get a Mahomes.  I just think after four seasons we have basically seen how consistent Mariota is going to be.  It's also pretty clear that his productivity noticeably trails the league's better QB.  So we are faced with surrounding him by elite talent on both sides of the ball to win a championship.  Is that a realistic approach to winning a Lombardi?

Even though we can't be certain to get a Mahomes, we can get a Goff, Cousins, Prescott, Watson, Keenum and on and on.  There are plenty QB who can produce up to today's level of offense.  You put these QB on a team with a D holding opponents to 19 points and they will win more games, easy.  Let them also face defenses that hang around the los, it's just not extremely hard for a QB to beat that type defense.  True or not true?

INJURY PRONE.  Facing all the above, where's the upside if the QB can't stay on the field.  I am afraid if the fans don't rebel, they will give him a cheap contract for 2020.  They just raised ticket prices even though Mariota was standing on the sidelines in the one of the top five home games in Titans history.  Maybe we could get another QB and train him now.  Oh no, that cost too much.  It's sad really, we don't have a voice.  They say it's the best thing for the team and we just go along to get along.  

Wait till next year.  :58_disappointed_relieved:

2 hours ago, big2033 said:

Disagree with the notion that they are as good as they are because of Rivers. Fitz has been great without top QB play. 

My next question is: do you believe that to be the case for all receivers, or just certain ones? It seems like a blanket statement you’re making and I’m just clarifying. 

45 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Disagree with the notion that they are as good as they are because of Rivers. Fitz has been great without top QB play. 

My next question is: do you believe that to be the case for all receivers, or just certain ones? It seems like a blanket statement you’re making and I’m just clarifying. 

If you check Fitzgerald's stats you'll see he's struggled at times with bad QB play - or his stats have. Go check Fitz between 2012-2014 as an example. Sub 1,000 yard seasons despite missing only two games in three years.

Every top receiver has struggled with bad QB play or ... also a bad passing offense that doesn't afford them many opportunities.

Yes, a great WR can help their QB. But they can only do so much.

A great QB can make almost any receiver serviceable.

To completely answer your question:

Randy Moss on the Raiders for his first season? 1,003 yards receiving. Average year for one of the greatest receivers ever.

Randy Moss with Tom Brady? His best season ever in yards and TDs.

Corey Davis as the No. 1 receiver on Patriots? 

Edited by big2033

Go look at Damurius Thomas and Decker's stats with Tebow and then the next year with Manning. Obviously that's the extreme but it's still true. 

And it's not just individual WRs it's the entire passing game. 

I think Jonnu Smith was unfairly ripped last year early because people were looking for excuses for Mariota and he dropped a crucial pass(He's killing Mariota!). The entire passing game was mediocre and people attacked guys like Smith. As Mariota played better after the bye Smith magically got better! 

17 hours ago, big2033 said:

It’s basically you derailing it. Shut up about Mariota already. 

You can't talk about or judge the passing game or specific pass catchers without talking about Mariota

Like Dilfer said, when building the team and going into the off season everything starts and stops with Mariota. Depressing but true