Corey Davis

Huston

36 minutes ago, headhunter said:

System QB that doesnt make plays when things breaks down, does he audible? honest question. Doesnt read a defense that great. Thats probably why.

Our QB is the same and has terrible numbers.  Goff gets a lot of help, but at least he capitalizes. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who the fuck do you think threw him the ball in those last two pics?

I can explain it just fine but you'll simply write it all off as "excuses" and we'll be back to square one so what's the point? 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Who isnt a system QB?

Does Brady win 6 SBs in Miami?

Would Peyton Manning have been as good in a run heavy offense?

Does Mahomes win MVP with MLF in TEN?

Goff is a franchise QB.

So you dont believe he audibles and cant read defenses. 

If that's the case, and he still averaged 4200 yards, 30 TDs, and 9.5 INTs with a rating of 100 on the last two years, I'd hate to see what that system QB accomplishes when he gets better at those things. 

But its a pass happy league so yeah hes not a franchise QB. I think the superbowl proved that.

6 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Is Brady a franchise QB?  He didn't play much better than Goff in the SB. 

Brady can still carry his team if he needs to. Just because he didn't in the one game doesn't mean shit.

Cmon people.

The dumbest thing this forum does consistently is judge players on a game and not on a season or career.

Newsflash, us beating the Patriots early in the season doesn't mean we could ever beat the Patriots in the playoffs.

Goff is still early in his career and needs to prove he's more than McVay's offense. Just like Brady had to prove he was more than Belichick's system.

Edited by big2033

1 hour ago, C_Train said:

Get a QB, and watch this guy routinely get 1000+ a season.  Bit of a travesty what Marcus is doing to his career, so many people trash him and praise Marcus.  Insanity 

Marcus sucks dick.  He's one of the most limited QBs that I've ever seen to start for as long as he has or receive so many excuses.

Not wide open in the middle of the field?  Too bad, no ball for you.  Scan the field and allow the play to develop?  Nah, I'll create a sack instead of an opportunity for a play.  Wait, that was a defender that I threw to?  Oops!  What is this "pocket" and "anticipation" that people keep referring to?  Why can't I have perfect protection and wide open receivers like I did in college?

I see the term franchise QB thrown around and clearly it means different things to different people.  At one time, it was synonymous with being an elite QB that you build your team around as a perennial playoff team.  Now, it's any high draft pick QB to some.  To me, those are potential franchise guys but they have to prove it on the field to earn the status.

If a guy seems to be interchangeable, he's probably not a franchise QB.  You take Brady off of NE, they don't win all of these SB's.  We saw the Colts without Manning and then Luck.  Seattle without Wilson is a 4 or 5 win team.  Mahomes looks the part but let's see year 2.  A franchise QB to me is a difference maker who's bringing it weekly on a consistent basis.

Goff is a really good case study in this.  He's got the draft pedigree and has top 10 level production.  Still, he has a HC/play caller who is innovative and excellent while taking advantage of the play clock communication rules like the wizard of oz.....  There's an open debate I've heard about whether the Rams should lock up Goff long term or draft another young QB and go the same route while avoiding the cap impact of what a veteran starting QB costs. 

Mariota?  To me, he's in the Winston, Tannehill, Bortles, Dalton, Flacco group.  All of them have talent (they are NFL players) that can play well and have done so in games or spurts but they also have their stretches where they play mediocre or poorly. 

15 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

That strategy might have some merit if the Rams were doing this with a 4th round QB.  Thus if they could get a cheaper vet or middle round pick to give them close to 5000 yards and a 100 QB rating because of the superior offensive system you save some money.  The only problem with that insane logic is that Goff is a top pick in the draft.  In fact you could use top 10 picks on QBs for a few years and not even get one as good.  So, does McVay have a bunch to do with Goff's success?  Of course.  But don't think Goff isn't also doing his part.  Goff just took his team to a SB.  He had one bad game. 

I'm not saying it's right or wrong - it's an interesting take but if you go that route the next guy better be as productive. 

I'm really curious to see how the Rams do in 2019.  NE and the Bears both shut down that offense and the blue print is out there. 

9 hours ago, abc2330 said:

He's one of the most limited QBs that I've ever seen to start for as long as he has or receive so many excuses.

This is really true, I've never seen a QB play as poorly and get treated so good by the media

On 2/7/2019 at 8:06 PM, headhunter said:

System QB that doesnt make plays when things breaks down, does he audible? honest question. Doesnt read a defense that great. Thats probably why.

He is still in a learning curve. He isn't an experienced player. But it seems  capable  of reaching to that level. Give him a couple of seasons.

13 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

This is really true, I've never seen a QB play as poorly and get treated so good by the media

Every draft expert is claiming that we need all kinds of more talent around him.  GB spent 5 picks in the first FOUR rounds in the past FIVE years on offense.  But few claim that Rodgers has no talent around him. That's a guy who actually deserves more help . If your QB needs multiple 1st round receivers and lineman around him for your offense to be respectable, then maybe he's not good.

50 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

You really can’t go into a fucking thread without it being derailed. 

You guys need to learn how to message board. 

A lot of it also has to do with loose moderation. A lot of other message boards delete comments that derail conversation. This place is like the wild Wild West of forums.