Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tgo

Derrick Morgan to Test the Market

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

If we re-signed him I would ask him to put on a little weight to play on the interior DL. He just doesn't have the burst to do much on the outside anymore.

 

But with us most likely to move on we can now all revoice!


Vegan lifestyle could be going away!!!

Morgan never had the burst to do anything on the outside. He was a classic Fisher misevaluation. Good enough to keep a spot, not good enough to really make an impact. 

 

He got marginally better when moved to OLB from DE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Polite - small and takes plays off.

Burns - Skinny

Sweat - Motivation/Doesnt love football

 

Who else is there?

 

 

Clelin Ferrell. But he'll be gone most likely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, headhunter said:

Thats about the only one I think would be worthy. I think OLB and DL is especially deep

Yep. 

 

I mean, the top DL will all be gone most likely except Simmons who we will not draft. 

 

The only defensive options at all are Lawrence and Ferrell (who won't be there!) from what I see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We really need a bigger body that can hold up against the run, Iowa Edge Anthony Nelson is a guy that intrigues me in the 2nd round, not the most explosive guy speed wise but very long/powerful, wins with power/hand use.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was listening to turron davenports show. He had jon ledyard on it and ledyard said burns is putting on weight in order to bulk up for the combine. Turron asked ledyard if burns, sweat, polite, lindstrom, and simmons were there for us at 19 which one he would take and he said burns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

Morgan never had the burst to do anything on the outside. He was a classic Fisher misevaluation. Good enough to keep a spot, not good enough to really make an impact. 

 

He got marginally better when moved to OLB from DE. 

I disagree. His injuries early in his career really shot his speed, I think. All the sacks he piled up the last 4-5 years were just him working harder and eating better than other guys.

 

He was healthy for a few games his rookie year and looked like The Freak off of the edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thrill said:

I disagree. His injuries early in his career really shot his speed, I think. All the sacks he piled up the last 4-5 years were just him working harder and eating better than other guys.

 

He was healthy for a few games his rookie year and looked like The Freak off of the edge.

He didn't have that much burst at GT. He was just good at using his hands and body leverage. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Polite - small and takes plays off.

Burns - Skinny

Sweat - Motivation/Doesnt love football

 

Who else is there?

 

 

A lot of people are reporting that Burns is probably going to come in around 250 and with his body type he could probably add about 10-15 lbs if needed, but at 250 he can keep his flexibility and speed around the edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

We really need a bigger body that can hold up against the run, Iowa Edge Anthony Nelson is a guy that intrigues me in the 2nd round, not the most explosive guy speed wise but very long/powerful, wins with power/hand use.

Isn't the worry with him similar to that of Allen? Is a bit of a tweener Karl Klug type? I don't know how well he would play out in space at OLB. Although we do play in the nickle more than half the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Newest Topics

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...