Derrick Morgan to Test the Market

tgo

30 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

If we re-signed him I would ask him to put on a little weight to play on the interior DL. He just doesn't have the burst to do much on the outside anymore.

But with us most likely to move on we can now all revoice!

Vegan lifestyle could be going away!!!

Morgan never had the burst to do anything on the outside. He was a classic Fisher misevaluation. Good enough to keep a spot, not good enough to really make an impact. 

He got marginally better when moved to OLB from DE. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morgan sounds like a guy that knows he isn't getting offered a contract at the Titans.

He didnt look like the freak at any point I promise you that. 

I don't care who we sign, I want them to draft an edge player in round 1.

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Polite - small and takes plays off.

Burns - Skinny

Sweat - Motivation/Doesnt love football

Who else is there?

Clelin Ferrell. But he'll be gone most likely. 

Just now, headhunter said:

Thats about the only one I think would be worthy. I think OLB and DL is especially deep

Yep. 

I mean, the top DL will all be gone most likely except Simmons who we will not draft. 

The only defensive options at all are Lawrence and Ferrell (who won't be there!) from what I see. 

28 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

Morgan never had the burst to do anything on the outside. He was a classic Fisher misevaluation. Good enough to keep a spot, not good enough to really make an impact. 

He got marginally better when moved to OLB from DE. 

I disagree. His injuries early in his career really shot his speed, I think. All the sacks he piled up the last 4-5 years were just him working harder and eating better than other guys.

He was healthy for a few games his rookie year and looked like The Freak off of the edge.

2 minutes ago, Thrill said:

I disagree. His injuries early in his career really shot his speed, I think. All the sacks he piled up the last 4-5 years were just him working harder and eating better than other guys.

He was healthy for a few games his rookie year and looked like The Freak off of the edge.

He didn't have that much burst at GT. He was just good at using his hands and body leverage. 

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Polite - small and takes plays off.

Burns - Skinny

Sweat - Motivation/Doesnt love football

Who else is there?

A lot of people are reporting that Burns is probably going to come in around 250 and with his body type he could probably add about 10-15 lbs if needed, but at 250 he can keep his flexibility and speed around the edge.

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

We really need a bigger body that can hold up against the run, Iowa Edge Anthony Nelson is a guy that intrigues me in the 2nd round, not the most explosive guy speed wise but very long/powerful, wins with power/hand use.

Isn't the worry with him similar to that of Allen? Is a bit of a tweener Karl Klug type? I don't know how well he would play out in space at OLB. Although we do play in the nickle more than half the time.