Derrick Morgan to Test the Market

tgo

“I plan on seeing what all the options are,” he said. “I want to see what the market looks like for me, and what my options are outside of Tennessee and we’ll go from there.”

“I think the Titans have a great group of guys in that locker room, so I’ll always wish them success.”

Edited by tgo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morgan sounds like a guy that knows he isn't getting offered a contract at the Titans.

He didnt look like the freak at any point I promise you that. 

I don't care who we sign, I want them to draft an edge player in round 1.

I could see him getting a look-see with the Redskins where Ray Horton is now. 

Or even Tampa, where they'll be switching defenses and needing bodies. Fits Bowles defense and Robinson would put in good words to his buddies down there for him. 

2 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

As much as I like Morgan and would like to see him finish his career here it's a smart move by JRob.

He simply isn't productive enough to justify being a starting OLB anymore, really hope that JRob can get that massive hole at OLB filled on the first day of FA.

4 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

If we re-signed him I would ask him to put on a little weight to play on the interior DL. He just doesn't have the burst to do much on the outside anymore.

But with us most likely to move on we can now all revoice!

Vegan lifestyle could be going away!!!

I don't think he's very good on the inside either, and that's a problem in this scheme. 

I think Flowers or Smith, who are both good on the inside in packages would be ideal replacements and fit the defense perfectly. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

I don't think he's very good on the inside either, and that's a problem in this scheme. 

I think Flowers or Smith, who are both good on the inside in packages would be ideal replacements and fit the defense perfectly. 

Can see the Lions chasing Flowers hard should he become available in FA.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Can see the Lions chasing Flowers hard should he become available in FA.

Yeah certainly. And you'd think Patirica/Stafford would be somewhat of an edge. 

But at the same time, we have more cap space and a more attractive location, lower taxes, and a host of his former teammates. Along with Vrabel the great recruiter. 

But I tend to think we'd have more of an edge with Smith, who has more upside and could be had significantly cheaper.