Sign in to follow this  
TennesseeTuxedo

JOBS! JOBS! JOBS! 304K Jobs Added In January

And yet the unemployment rate went up because he wanted a wall so bad he shutdown the government.

I'm not going to sit up here and pretend like the economy isn't roaring. Clearly the dollars are rolling in just fine. But we were doing pretty good before January of 2017. 

Trump forced some manufacturing jobs back into the economy. No doubt. But he can't stop technology. 

I actually agree with the President that we have bad trade deals. But that was done on purpose, to strengthen other world economies so they would BUY MORE STUFF FROM US. It was also an effort to keep stuff cheaper for American consumers. But you already know that. You just don't care.

We'll see.

Edited by NFLStudent

40 minutes ago, NFLStudent said:

And yet the unemployment rate went up because he wanted a wall so bad he shutdown the government.

Read the artcile bud. That statement is wrong....

However, officials said federal workers generally were counted as employed during the period because they received pay during the survey week of Jan. 12. On balance, federal government employment actually rose by 1,000

Oops...

But since you want to say

40 minutes ago, NFLStudent said:

So one, you trying to blame the unemployment rate on Trumps shutdown is wrong. 

Second, it's not like the Dems didnt play a role in it. 

They are so hell bent on not having a wall that their fight wasted more than half of what Trump asked for for the wall. Obviously they dont care about wasting money if it's something they believe in...

But no blame to them...Back to the point, you blaming Trumps shutdown on the rise in unemployment seems to be fake news that you were fed. Imagine that.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

25 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Read the artcile bud. That statement is wrong....

Oops...

But since you want to say

So one, you trying to blame the unemployment rate on Trumps shutdown is wrong. 

Second, it's not like the Dems didnt play a role in it. 

They are so hell bent on not having a wall that their fight wasted more than half of what Trump asked for for the wall. Obviously they dont care about wasting money if it's something they believe in...

But no blame to them...Back to the point, you blaming Trumps shutdown on the rise in unemployment seems to be fake news that you were fed. Imagine that.

20190201_132954.jpg

20190201_133007.jpg

2 minutes ago, NFLStudent said:

"A likely effect of the shutdown, according to the department." 

Your move.

So a "likely effect" means 'definitely is'?

But doesn't this statement contradict the idea that is "likely" the reason?

However, officials said federal workers generally were counted as employed during the period because they received pay during the survey week of Jan. 12. 

Seems contradictory to me. But I understand, to Anti Trumpers, opinions and assumptions are gold.

24 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So a "likely effect" means 'definitely is'?

But doesn't this statement contradict the idea that is "likely" the reason?

Seems contradictory to me. But I understand, to Anti Trumpers, opinions and assumptions are gold.

The "likely effect" term came from the UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF LABOR, so I take their statement on the unemployment numbers fairly serious. But I guess the UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF LABOR is putting out fake news as well.

To think, he is doing this in the middle of a trade war WITH the Fed raising rates. It is nothing short of miraculous. There isn't a candidate from the 2016 field that would've done better and have the Country in a better situation. 

It's not too late for you soy boys to put down those lattes, grow a pair and jump back on the America bandwagon.

Justafan   

Jake calls someone out for being wrong without knowing what he's talking about.  How typical.

Of course, it's because of the shutdown numbskull.  No one SHOULD need a government report to tell them the longest shutdown in US history negatively affected labor statistics.  That's 1st-grade math. 

Justafan   

And it's 100% Trumps fault.  A deal was in place that he reneged on and demanded extra money for a wall.  He offered nothing in the way of concessions and lawmakers refused to bow down to his bullying attempt.  Even with mental gymnastics, it's still Trump's fault and he even admitted it would be on national television.

33 minutes ago, Omar said:

100 months of positive job growth. Glad Obama got the ball rolling on job growth

No joke. Think how tough it was to do that with the massive flood of QE and zero rates. Poor guy.

1 minute ago, Omar said:

They both deserve credit for this. It started with Obama, and Trump has kept it going. Put the BS politics aside and this is the truth. 

I commend the attempt at fairness, but that isn't the truth.