Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Mavericks trade for Porzingis

I can't figure out who wins that trade.

Hardaway Jr is nice but Mavs better hope Kristaps isn't fragile. Pretty risky imo.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

I like it for Dallas. They need a young star to pair with Doncic. Porzingis will be fine health wise. 

Not really sure what the Knicks get from this trade other than freeing up some cap. If they don’t sign anyone this summer they basically gave up Porzingis for nothing. Deandre Jordan will be gone after this season. 

Bink   

I definitely like it for Dallas a lot. Zinger seems more injured than he really has been because tanky Knicks have withheld him. Knicks aren't really getting much of substance back. Doncic and Zinger is a crazy interesting pairing. 

38 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Lopsided trade really

On the surface it is, but the Knicks did it to free up cap space. Lee and Hardaway are both under contract next season for around $33M (combined).

While Jordan and Matthews are both on expiring contracts which will give NY close to $75M in cap space to sign a couple of big names this summer.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

10 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

On the surface it is, but the Knicks did it to free up cap space. Lee and Hardaway are both under contract next season for around $33M (combined).

While Jordan and Matthews are both on expiring contracts which will give NY close to $75M in cap space to sign a couple of big names this summer.

Could they lure anybody worth it?

5 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Could they lure anybody worth it?

They better or this trade will be a huge bust for them. I'm sure Knicks fans are hoping their team will sign both Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving.

51 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

But they could have still sign 2 max contract FAs with Porzingis on roster. He might have been willing to sign the qualifying offer if two max contract guys were coming to town. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

Bink   
4 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

But they could have still sign 2 max contract FAs with Porzingis on roster. He might have been willing to sign the qualifying offer if two max contract guys were coming to town. 

spacer.png

It worked so well last time...

seriously, with Davis being set on the Lakers he will either be there or end up in Boston. Kyrie could leave Boston and team up in NY with Durant, but GSW are gonna make a hard push to keep Durant. 

Could easily be: 

Lakers: LeBron, A Davis, Klay 

Warriors: Steph, KD, Boogie

Celtics: Kyrie, Tatum, Brown

Who does that leave for the Knicks? Draymond and Jimmy Butler? 

Have fun with that. I see what the appeal is for the Knicks, but it's a pretty risky move. And I one for one will not bet on Dolan over Ainge or Magic. 

18 minutes ago, Bink said:

Kyrie could leave Boston and team up in NY with Durant, but GSW are gonna make a hard push to keep Durant. 

I think it will be a lot easier for the Warriors to keep Klay, and he probably fits better in their system than Durant or Boogie does anyway.

And they still have Draymond under contract for one more year, but maybe they could re-sign Boogie if they lose Durant to NY or whoever.

2 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

I think it will be a lot easier for the Warriors to keep Klay, and he probably fits better in their system than Durant or Boogie does anyway.

And they still have Draymond under contract for one more year, but maybe they could re-sign Boogie if they lose Durant to NY or whoever.

There already are rumors that if Boogie isn’t happy with his FA offers he will return to GS on another cheap one year deal.

Bink   
2 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Hypothetical here, but I don't know. I think it may be easier to keep Klay, but I also think Durant is going to be the priority chase. People forget that Klay's dad won 2 NBA titles with the Lakers and he is a bit of a strange case, a kind of introverted guy who may want out of there more than he lets on. For what it's worth I think it's possible KD teams up with LeBron and Davis, or Kyrie, or a myriad of things. 

But I think the Warriors are definitely going hard in the paint after KD, with Klay being target 2 and Boogie being the next priority (of the guys they have). 

16 hours ago, Bink said:

I definitely like it for Dallas a lot. Zinger seems more injured than he really has been because tanky Knicks have withheld him. Knicks aren't really getting much of substance back. Doncic and Zinger is a crazy interesting pairing. 

It is an interesting pairing, but will they be able to counter both their defensive liabilities?

10 hours ago, Bink said:

spacer.png

It worked so well last time...

seriously, with Davis being set on the Lakers he will either be there or end up in Boston. Kyrie could leave Boston and team up in NY with Durant, but GSW are gonna make a hard push to keep Durant. 

Could easily be: 

Lakers: LeBron, A Davis, Klay 

Warriors: Steph, KD, Boogie

Celtics: Kyrie, Tatum, Brown

Have fun with that. I see what the appeal is for the Knicks, but it's a pretty risky move. And I one for one will not bet on Dolan over Ainge or Magic. 

You should include the Sixers in this list.    Embiid, Simmons, Butler.    They are putting it together and just knocked off the Warriors last night at Golden State.   

Kawli Leonard and Kemba Walker are also going to be a free agents this year.