Sign in to follow this  
Tex in a Can

Warren Moon on Marcus Mariota

Huston   

Didn't even read it because I'm willing to bet he hasn't watched anything outside of highlights of Marcus this season like most people not affiliated with the team anymore. Guy just needs to stay healthy and be given some true weapons outside of Davis.

There will always be excuses for him.

Dude had a great 2016 with shit weapons. But one of the biggest excuses...needs more weapons....ok. 

He needs a solid dependable runni g game that opens things up. Weapons are good enough. At least if Davis becomes what hes supposed to be. 

BudAdams   

Up until this year, Moon was a game analyst for the Seahawks and watched plenty of film.  Maybe he's mailing it in but he's usually pretty solid.  I thought the analogy with Wilson was on point - neither team throws it a ton but when that's the case, efficiency is king.  Mariota has to step up in terms of TD passes and most of those typically come from the red zone.  He went from being very good there in 2016 to being awful in 2017/2018.  You fix the red zone passing game and the offense and Mariota could make a huge leap in productivity. 

abc2330   
9 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Up until this year, Moon was a game analyst for the Seahawks and watched plenty of film.  Maybe he's mailing it in but he's usually pretty solid.  I thought the analogy with Wilson was on point - neither team throws it a ton but when that's the case, efficiency is king.  Mariota has to step up in terms of TD passes and most of those typically come from the red zone.  He went from being very good there in 2016 to being awful in 2017/2018.  You fix the red zone passing game and the offense and Mariota could make a huge leap in productivity. 

Mariota and Wilson aren't even remotely comparable.  Wilson is an example of how a player can succeed in spite of shitty circumstances.

Edited by abc2330

BudAdams   
3 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Mariota and Wilson aren't even remotely comparable.  

I don't disagree - Wilson is much better.  The analogy that both play in run heavy offenses does apply though.  Wilson consistently is putting up TD's every year despite less pass attempts than most teams.  Mariota's TD pass % is much lower in a similar environment.

Moon imploded too many times when arriving to playoffs. He could be a throwing machine during regular season...different (and choke) story at playoffs. And also part of the Oilers who suffered the worse comback on playoffs ever. 

Edited by TitanicoNFLriotFAN

Number9   
2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

There will always be excuses for him.

Dude had a great 2016 with shit weapons. But one of the biggest excuses...needs more weapons....ok. 

He needs a solid dependable runni g game that opens things up. Weapons are good enough. At least if Davis becomes what hes supposed to be. 

It's gotten past ridiculous with the excuses flying out of their mouths before you even say what's wrong. Rookie QB Baker Mayfield had never met his receivers before this year, he loses Josh Gordon, his HC and his OC all in the same season.  BM is in the running for OROY.

8MM   
5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

It's gotten past ridiculous with the excuses flying out of their mouths before you even say what's wrong. Rookie QB Baker Mayfield had never met his receivers before this year, he loses Josh Gordon, his HC and his OC all in the same season.  BM is in the running for OROY.

No excuses anymore, he needs to go pronto. 

8MM   
1 minute ago, TitanDuckFan said:

No doubt.

GHTFO!

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night.

There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself
'This could be heaven or this could be Hell'
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face.
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (any time of year) you can find it here