Sign in to follow this  
Titanstattoo25

Season Ticket Price Increases

I agree 100%. I am in the North Endzone, and mine went up on average over $20 per ticket.  I know that's not as much as some, but when you are "budgeting" for the tickets, that's a pretty big blow.   I have had season tickets for almost 15 years.  Between this and the lack of success on the field, it may be time to reconsider.  I am afraid that is what a lot of people will do.  The fan base will become "corporate" and the "real" fans will be left at home watching on TV.

tgo   

I read where they've increased prices for club level and based on opponent quality. Meaning, they've decreased prices in bad sections and for bad games, and raised prices for others.

They're implementing variable pricing this offseason like most of the rest of the league, while still keeping overall prices in the bottom 5 in the league. 

Just now, tgo said:

I read where they've increased prices for club level and based on opponent quality. Meaning, they've decreased prices in bad sections and for bad games, and raised prices for others.

They're implementing variable pricing this offseason like most of the rest of the league, while still keeping overall prices in the bottom 5 in the league. 

That is true but the drop in price for preseason was very small while the increase for other games was HUGE. 

7 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I had PSLs for 15 years, so I'm chiming in.  I love the Titans, but they remain inept about the fan experience.  Arthur Blank was talking about MBS and how his $2 hotdogs and $2 sodas were permanent.  He said it's not just for the Falcons games, but for any event held inside the stadium.  He didn't want his fans coming and not being able to buy food as they enjoyed the games.  He mentioned that other stadiums have started doing it too, including MLS and colleges.  Prime the pump.  The Titans don't get it.

Never held PSL, but I used to go to a lot of games. Not anymore. 1-2 per season max honestly. I have more fun watching PeeWee football in person. 

Number9   
2 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Never held PSL, but I used to go to a lot of games. Not anymore. 1-2 per season max honestly. I have more fun watching PeeWee football in person. 

The Titans don't get it.  I went to the fan focus groups they had for people who let their PSLs go or sold them like I did.  This was the year before they drafted Mariota.  I said the quality of the team was my reason.  I stuck to that, but they kept directing the group away to talk about the gamely experience.  People complained about the food and some mentioned the Preds doing better.  Obviously, they didn't listen.

34 minutes ago, Number9 said:

The Titans don't get it.  I went to the fan focus groups they had for people who let their PSLs go or sold them like I did.  This was the year before they drafted Mariota.  I said the quality of the team was my reason.  I stuck to that, but they kept directing the group away to talk about the gamely experience.  People complained about the food and some mentioned the Preds doing better.  Obviously, they didn't listen.

Yeah I remember you posting ab that. It's a shame. I have a friend who has PSLs. 4 seats. They're thinking about getting out. They don't really go anymore. Sometimes they ask me to games and I'm like...nah. 

Number9   
1 hour ago, SleepingTitan said:

Yeah I remember you posting ab that. It's a shame. I have a friend who has PSLs. 4 seats. They're thinking about getting out. They don't really go anymore. Sometimes they ask me to games and I'm like...nah. 

That was one of the things that used to hurt me the most.  You couldn't even give them to friends and relatives anymore.  The years after Steve-Eddie-Frank got worse and worse.  When Fisher and VY left, the place died.

abenjami   
9 hours ago, Number9 said:

I remember you and some others posting about the fan focus groups.

abenjami   
11 hours ago, Titanstattoo25 said:

My season tickets have gone up over $400 for a pair of corner club level seats, an average of $46 per game for 2 seats. That is extremely disappointing. 

I expected $5/10 per seat per game increase but this was crazy. They can market it as they lowered pre season ticket price but as a STH you’re still required to purchase, and tickets to other games went up considerably. 

This team has made the playoffs once in the last 10 years and I am as die hard as they come but I am beyond frustrated. That is an insane price jump especially when the whole game day experience is mediocre. Food is still way overpriced, average quality, parking passes are very expensive, traffic is horribly managed etc. 

Don’t think vintage “aldephia coliseum” is ever coming back. They’re driving away more and more fans. 

Beyond pissed.

Definitely disappointing.  But this is why PSL's are a bad investment.  They've already got you five figures in the hole, of course you will buy the tickets no matter the cost because you aren't going to walk away.

7 hours ago, Number9 said:

That was one of the things that used to hurt me the most.  You couldn't even give them to friends and relatives anymore.  The years after Steve-Eddie-Frank got worse and worse.  When Fisher and VY left, the place died.

It's really sad when I'd rather go to a Nashville bar and watch the game than see it in person for free. I almost bought season tickets last year. What's really fuckin sad is that I've been to as many Preds games paying near full price for tix as the Titans have PLAYED since last year when I almost fucked up and bought Titans season tix. And I sure as hell ain't a member of a Preds message board. 

I need a 12 step program for this team. 

21 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Definitely disappointing.  But this is why PSL's are a bad investment.  They've already got you five figures in the hole, of course you will buy the tickets no matter the cost because you aren't going to walk away.

Woah....I definitely agree. When someone has five fingers in your hole, you'll never want to walk away....