Jump to content
AussieTitanFan08

Ravens to allow Za'Darius Smith to test his value in FA

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, japan said:

True. I enjoy watching him get curb stomped whenever he crawls out of the old folks home. 

Quit being a Troll-- yeah you and your tough-guy friends who like to talk trash to strangers on the interweb; sad way to get your jollies... 😏

 

Scared! Better go change my Depends.... 😁

 

Congratulate me assholes, I have a new grand-daughter.... 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Number9   
On 2/1/2019 at 6:56 AM, charleytolar said:

There's an old adage in management: "This year's solution is next year's problem." I'm just more cautious by nature. These moves cannot be viewed in isolation, i.e. "we got Conklin-- damn the cost!" We could have had Taylor Decker/Jon Thuney (and the other missing 2nd Round pick?) which is as good or better than Conklin/Kline-- and now there is a murmur to replace Kline with Conklin.

 

I'm more of a trade-down thinker. No matter where you pick, there's almost always worse and better players than the one you got. Being judicious in your selection (we've whiffed on quite a few) and having extra shots (not since the trade-down with the Rams-- they're in the Super Bowl and we're not) would be my modus most of the time beyond standing pat.

Interesting.  The key is evaluation of talent.  The next key is coaching up talent.  It doesn't matter how talented a player is you have to be able to coach him up and have the insight to have him do what he's best at doing.  New England is always loaded with un-drafted players and late round picks.  That's the reason they can let players go when the cost goes up, they are familiar with the actual talent of the player.  The Titans used to have excellent OL because Munch was so good.  I remember when teams waited in line to get out DL.  Guys left the Titans, got big contracts and the Titans always had a great front.

 

We have to play the hand we are dealt.  Team building comes from stability.  Vrabel is a good coach and even though I have been upset lately, JRob is smart, young and damn good.  We have to have some patience to see what they can accomplish.  Really we need to be patient with the whole team.  Except....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Number9 said:

We have to play the hand we are dealt.  Team building comes from stability.  Vrabel is a good coach and even though I have been upset lately, JRob is smart, young and damn good.  We have to have some patience to see what they can accomplish.  Really we need to be patient with the whole team.  Except....

Great thoughtful response, but I have one comeback on the subject of stability: trading away valuable draft capital damages stability-- especially if you do it repeatedly. It will come back to bite you unless you outperform that later rounds of the draft and the UDFA signings to make up for it. That is expecting a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Number9   
2 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Great thoughtful response, but I have one comeback on the subject of stability: trading away valuable draft capital damages stability-- especially if you do it repeatedly. It will come back to bite you unless you outperform that later rounds of the draft and the UDFA signings to make up for it. That is expecting a lot.

Good point.  Let's hope he learns and builds on his successes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN did an offseason prediction for each team, no surprise with the Titans one

 

Tennessee Titans

Za'Darius Smith is reunited with Dean Pees in Tennessee.

The Titans are desperately in need of a veteran impact player to help improve their pass rush. Smith had 8.5 sacks, 25 QB hits and 10 tackles for loss for the Ravens last season. Pees was at Smith's pro day back in 2015 at Kentucky. The two still have a close relationship. Expect Smith to fetch a significant contract from the Titans and be their prize free-agent signing. -- Turron Davenport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
8 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

ESPN did an offseason prediction for each team, no surprise with the Titans one

 

Tennessee Titans

Za'Darius Smith is reunited with Dean Pees in Tennessee.

The Titans are desperately in need of a veteran impact player to help improve their pass rush. Smith had 8.5 sacks, 25 QB hits and 10 tackles for loss for the Ravens last season. Pees was at Smith's pro day back in 2015 at Kentucky. The two still have a close relationship. Expect Smith to fetch a significant contract from the Titans and be their prize free-agent signing. -- Turron Davenport

An OLB combo of Landry in year two and Smith would be a vast upgrade to Morgan and Orakpo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter King in his FMIA Column suggests the market for Za’Darius Smith could be robust, especially after the top tier pass rushers get franchised tagged, also suggested the Ravens might be happy to let him walk if it results in a top tier compensation pick (round 3).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...