Trump uses Sicario(Movie) scenes as real life fake border crisis events

OILERMAN

Did Donald Trump Confuse a Fictional Movie Plot with Actual Border Security Concerns?

President Trump has touted an array of talking points to argue the case for his telltale border wall, each point presenting varying degrees of…credibility. Now, Rachel Maddow has pointed out that some of his latest claims on border security might just be the stuff of fiction—literally.

According to Trump, traffickers use these supercars to transport women and children across the border, typically blindfolded and bound with duct tape. The only issue with that claim? The consistent revelation that border security has no idea what he is talking about.

“I think his statements are completely divorced from reality,” said Ashley Huebner  the associate director for legal services at the National Immigrant Justice Center

The place where those occurrences aren’t so divorced from reality? A 2015 film titled Sicario, in which traffickers use advanced cars to smuggle their taped and tethered victims across the border, as Rachel Maddow pointed out on air Monday night. The film coincidentally also features a scene with Muslim prayer rugs in the southern desert, a detail which recently became another questionable asset in Trump’s grab bag of border wall belligerency.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At this point the idiot in charge should just tell his supporters the wall is built, and southern border is all secure. They will believe anything he says, not like he is ever truthful with them. 

Or third option, he thought we was watching a documentary.

This was serious stuff.  His own appointed intelligence chiefs said exactly the opposite of he has been preaching on a range of issues.  And that's basically what happened in Helsinki.  He agreed with

My question is this. Did Trump watch the movie and think, man that's some cool stuff to tell all the suckers out there, it sounds super scary and will help get me my wall. Not realizing that would get exposed and called out. 

Or

Did he watch the movie and his mush brain think the movie must be based on what's really going on down on the border? 

He's just as stupid either way and I honestly don't know which is right

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Did Donald Trump Confuse a Fictional Movie Plot with Actual Border Security Concerns?

President Trump has touted an array of talking points to argue the case for his telltale border wall, each point presenting varying degrees of…credibility. Now, Rachel Maddow has pointed out that some of his latest claims on border security might just be the stuff of fiction—literally.

According to Trump, traffickers use these supercars to transport women and children across the border, typically blindfolded and bound with duct tape. The only issue with that claim? The consistent revelation that border security has no idea what he is talking about.

“I think his statements are completely divorced from reality,” said Ashley Huebner  the associate director for legal services at the National Immigrant Justice Center

The place where those occurrences aren’t so divorced from reality? A 2015 film titled Sicario, in which traffickers use advanced cars to smuggle their taped and tethered victims across the border, as Rachel Maddow pointed out on air Monday night. The film coincidentally also features a scene with Muslim prayer rugs in the southern desert, a detail which recently became another questionable asset in Trump’s grab bag of border wall belligerency.

Haha oh my god this is where all that came from. 

LOL!

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

My question is this. Did Trump watch the movie and think, man that's some cool stuff to tell all the suckers out there, it sounds super scary and will help get me my wall. Not realizing that would get exposed and called out. 

Or

Did he watch the movie and his mush brain think the movie must be based on what's really going on down on the border? 

He's just as stupid either way and I honestly don't know which is right

Definitely this. 

When they show those clips of Trump stumbling through some stupidass made up rant, I don't even look at him anymore -- too embarrassing to see a prez this addled.  Instead I watch the people surrounding him.  They just sit there and try their damnedest to not make a face like plaid shirt guy or a John Kelly facepalm.  You know they are wrenching inside, but they can't break the act.  It's become our version of the Buckingham Palace guards.

People -- even liberals underestimate how dimwitted this guy is. They assume "Well, he got here he must be--" NO! He's fuckin' dumb. This is the closest thing to real life Forest Grump. The man is fucking dumb. He's playing. Like a little kid plays with action figures, he plays president. 

3 minutes ago, 'Nator said:

People -- even liberals underestimate how dimwitted this guy is. 

I'm guilty.....

I thought he was in over his head a liar and an idiot. 

I never dreamed he was this fucking stupid/retarded/incompetent