Sign in to follow this  
titanskick8851

Titans - Draft Meetings/Visits/Workouts

tgo   
1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

Where can I listen to this interview?

I expect us to draft a QB in this draft. We seem to at least need a developmental backup type. 

Mid-Day 180 Twitter account or 104.5 the zone app. 

Soxcat   
3 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Where can I listen to this interview?

I expect us to draft a QB in this draft. We seem to at least need a developmental backup type. 

Exactly.  We will draft one at some point and maybe earlier than people think.  Kyle Shurmur (son of Pat Shurmur) could be a guy they look at later in the draft. 

Tomachek   
36 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Exactly.  We will draft one at some point and maybe earlier than people think.  Kyle Shurmur (son of Pat Shurmur) could be a guy they look at later in the draft. 

Tyree Jackson is interesting, and we do have interest in him. Has a cannon for an arm and can't make all the throws. Never had a QB coach, so his mechanics are trash. If a team can fix his mechanics his accuracy should improve dramatically.

TitanTez   
On 4/21/2019 at 7:55 PM, tgo said:

Sorry but guys like Hollywood Brown don’t come out every year. 

I get the feeling you haven’t watched his tape. He’s elite at tracking the ball and runs the whole route tree well, is a relatively refined route runner (not Corey Davis level coming out but def more than someone like John Ross or Taywan Taylor). 

He regularly torched high level opponents. He’s the missing element from this offense personnel wise.

I think the best argument against the pick from a strategy perspective is the argument that we don’t have the QB to take advantage of a full arsenal of weapons and that the pick would be better used to bolster the defense to hedge against mediocre QB play. 

That's  100 % Correct... 

TitanTez   
5 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The news the Titans worked out Drew Lock isn't exactly shocking, Titans Online had cameras at the Missouri pro day where they filmed an interview with Lock, certainly not some hidden/stealthy operation to conceal the workout.

This is either a massive smoke screen or smoke from JRob hitting the pipe, hard and heavy. 

Vrabel WAS quoted as saying we needed to bring in a young guy to groom in the system. Though that seems to be a different situation altogether 

Soxcat   

The liked Faulk enough to draft him but I have to believe if they take a guy they will like the guy enough to keep him on the roster.  So that brings the level of QB they bring in to a different level.  I'm thinking this is the guy we could be interested in:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/brett-rypien?id=32195259-5041-5292-b37a-51e22ef129f4

Here is an interesting analysis of the 7 QBs in the draft and their strengths and weaknesses.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-draft-2019-quarterback-rankings-lets-break-down-skills-of-top-qbs-from-decision-making-to-accuracy/

For example Rypien is 3rd for short and intermediary accuracy.  #1 in reads.  #2 in pocket movement.  Tends to be overaggressive so is #6 out of 7 on decisions making.  #3 under pressure, #3 for deep accuracy, #4 for arm strength.  Last in mobility but the fact he is #2 in pocket movement that doesn't scare me. 

Point is that this is a kid with decent accuracy, ability to read the defense and feel in the pocket there could be hope of him developing.  If we go for a guy later in the draft he might have the most promise.   

Soxcat   

What does acquiring Tannehill have to do with anything.  His main function is to backup an often crippled Mariota.  In fact Tannehill might end up the starter after we draft a QB. 

Huston   
1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

What does acquiring Tannehill have to do with anything.  His main function is to backup an often crippled Mariota.  In fact Tannehill might end up the starter after we draft a QB. 

Lol yeah ok how is that going to work, someone is willing to pick up Marcus and 20 mill in a trade. Marcus is here for 2019 stopping buying into the nonsense. They trade a pick for a QB (Tanny on a one year deal at that) pick up the 20 mill option on the the one they have and then spend the first round pick on another QB, all this with a team that's a few players away from serious contention.

Edited by Huston

Soxcat   

Why does anyone need to pick up the $20 mil.  If he is cut before the season begins they can pay him anything they want.  We aren't trading him. 

That is why the trade for Tannehill could make sense and that is how it is going to work if the right guy is available to draft.

As for spending a 1st on a QB it is either this year or next.  What difference does that make?  I stated I'd prefer we trade for Rosen because I think he is a better option than a QB we might get in this draft. 

As far as contention......  we will only go as far as our QB takes us anyway and if we have to play Tannehill while a rookie is waiting for his chance so be it.  The immature way of looking at this is to postpone using the pick until next year because we want to see more excitement with the pick tonight.  The mature way is to do what is in the team's best interest long term.  Send Marcus packing and use the $20 mil to sign some guys for the short term like Suh. 

cshumak2   
10 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Why does anyone need to pick up the $20 mil.  If he is cut before the season begins they can pay him anything they want.  We aren't trading him. 

That is why the trade for Tannehill could make sense and that is how it is going to work if the right guy is available to draft.

As for spending a 1st on a QB it is either this year or next.  What difference does that make?  I stated I'd prefer we trade for Rosen because I think he is a better option than a QB we might get in this draft. 

As far as contention......  we will only go as far as our QB takes us anyway and if we have to play Tannehill while a rookie is waiting for his chance so be it.  The immature way of looking at this is to postpone using the pick until next year because we want to see more excitement with the pick tonight.  The mature way is to do what is in the team's best interest long term.  Send Marcus packing and use the $20 mil to sign some guys for the short term like Suh. 

Mariotas contract is fully guaranteed

"When a team exercises the option, it becomes guaranteed for injury only. If the player is on the team’s roster at the start of the League Year in his option season, his salary becomes fully guaranteed for skill, cap and injury."

Once the new league year began it was guaranteed.  Only way to shed the 20 mill is to trade him

Huston   
12 minutes ago, cshumak2 said:

Mariotas contract is fully guaranteed

"When a team exercises the option, it becomes guaranteed for injury only. If the player is on the team’s roster at the start of the League Year in his option season, his salary becomes fully guaranteed for skill, cap and injury."

Once the new league year began it was guaranteed.  Only way to shed the 20 mill is to trade him

Thank you, seemed pretty obvious to me and his has nothing to do with what you think about Marcus. The only way this would make sense is if the Titans have loved Lock for awhile and already have a trade partner willing to pick up a often injured QB for 20 mill and give up a pick while doing so.