Sign in to follow this  
titanskick8851

Titans - Draft Meetings/Visits/Workouts

Justafan   
44 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Not really if you strictly considered just his on field play, its the character concerns that have limited the first round talk for him.

I've heard reports they go beyond the normal off-field character concerns.  Don't really know what that means as I haven't seen a lot of elaboration but it sounded bad from the podcast I was listening to the other day.  

2 hours ago, tgo said:

His inconsistency snap to snap also seems to be an issue. I’ve read that he takes plays off. 

I've watched a good deal of Tillery, and can't say I remember seeing him take plays off. Some inconsistency, sure. This guy has elite potential. Absolutely worth a 1st round pick IMO.

Face   

@tgoI just read up on Tillery & some of his past antics, which were pretty minor. But add them all up & I can definitely foresee some issues down the road. I think he may have a bit of Albert Haynesworth in his personality. A lot of people didn't realize that AH was a very smart guy. He also didn't take well to tough coaching, had anger problems, and was a locker room politician. I would also take him 1st in the draft if I knew I was getting '07/''08 AH.

At the end of the day it's all about play on the field. Not every player is going to be a team & community leader. As long as you're not devoid of leadership, which we're certainly not, I would absolutely pull the trigger on Tillery. Sure, he may be an ornery guy & rub a few people the wrong way talking about how "worldy" he is, but interior defenders who rush the passer like he does do not grow on  trees. He also provides much needed length on our line.

What I love about Tillery is that even though he has plenty of athletic gifts, awesome length & explosivness, his hand usage is the reason he's so good. He's tremendous with his hands & that doesn't go away with age or injury. I think he's actually one of the safest picks in the draft.

tgo   
4 minutes ago, TeamRamrod27 said:

Hmm. Doing a lot of work on tackles. In the potential second round range.

Dillard is a first round lock imo

Ricky   

Have to evaluate all players who could be there at 19. Remember we took Lewan and he basically was the best player available. So they have to do homework on all available. Plus next year Conklin and Kelly contracts are up I believe.