Sign in to follow this  
titanskick8851

Titans - Draft Meetings/Visits/Workouts

abc2330   
18 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I wonder if this is JRob hoping to drum up trade interest for someone to trade up for Marquise Brown whether at pick #19 or for someone to trade in front of us which would push someone else down.

I just don't see us taking him in the first round, would be really surprised if it isn't IDL or IOL in the first round.

After his comments on young receivers, Vrabel's comments on young receivers, and the medical and size red flags that Brown has, I think that is far more likely than us actually taking him

1 hour ago, reo said:

Anyone feel like doing a dive into positions of players they've talked to compared to their projected round?

I'm too lazy  :)

I am planning on doing this either later this weekend or early next week. From the looks of it I think the likelihood of DL/OL in the 1st has definitely gone up. Most of the WR are 2nd-3rd Round prospect, with a few late round guys/priority UDFA.

We have also looked into a ton of Mid around and late round Edge Rushers. I think that unless there is someone they absolutely love at 19 this need will be likely pushed back between the 3rd-6th rounds. The interest in the safeties and RB are quite interesting though. 

Edited by titanskick8851

4 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I wonder if this is JRob hoping to drum up trade interest for someone to trade up for Marquise Brown whether at pick #19 or for someone to trade in front of us which would push someone else down.

I feel like this is more likely, personally, but I'm sure they do have some legitimate interest in him. The Titans are pretty damn tight-lipped about shit, so I could easily see this being sort of a diversion just as much as it might be for real. 

38 minutes ago, WurthDraft said:

I feel like this is more likely, personally, but I'm sure they do have some legitimate interest in him. The Titans are pretty damn tight-lipped about shit, so I could easily see this being sort of a diversion just as much as it might be for real. 

Its not easy to find a home for Brown before we pick at #19, maybe the Packers at 12 if Hockenson is gone or the Redskins at 15, could see the Ravens/Raiders/Colts/Chiefs behind us wanting him though.

ctm   
6 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I just don't see us taking him in the first round, would be really surprised if it isn't IDL or IOL in the first round.

I think JRob would like a small trade down and still get a quality OL.  There are about 6 OL that could possibly fit us from 19 till the late 1st.

29 minutes ago, ctm said:

I think JRob would like a small trade down and still get a quality OL.  There are about 6 OL that could possibly fit us from 19 till the late 1st.

I would go that way, but I'm starting to think that there might be a defensive player maybe (Wilkins/Burns) there that JRob will stick and pick.

tgo   
2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I would go that way, but I'm starting to think that there might be a defensive player maybe (Wilkins/Burns) there that JRob will stick and pick.

If either of those two cats are there, they’ll be the pick. 

Davenport on the Locked on Draft guest mock mentioned that the Titans did a lot of work and showed a lot of interest in A.J. Brown at the combine. 

Also mentioned that they've shown interest in DaMarkus Lodge. 

On defense, mentioned that they're very interested in Jaylon Ferguson. 

In the secondary, one guy he said they're showing a lot of interest in is Jimmy Moreland. Went as far as to say they "love" him.  

Edited by WurthDraft

ctm   
1 hour ago, WurthDraft said:

Davenport on the Locked on Draft guest mock mentioned that the Titans did a lot of work and showed a lot of interest in A.J. Brown at the combine. 

Also mentioned that they've shown interest in DaMarkus Lodge. 

On defense, mentioned that they're very interested in Jaylon Ferguson. 

In the secondary, one guy he said they're showing a lot of interest in is Jimmy Moreland. Went as far as to say they "love" him.  

AJ Brown, JJAW, Debo Samuels....all 2nd round WRs that are under consideration.  As are some other positions as well.

tgo   
13 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Not really if you strictly considered just his on field play, its the character concerns that have limited the first round talk for him.

His inconsistency snap to snap also seems to be an issue. I’ve read that he takes plays off. 

Just now, tgo said:

His inconsistency snap to snap also seems to be an issue. I’ve read that he takes plays off. 

Which is a small part of the character concerns.

Listening to Dane Brugler it sounds like any team taking him in the top 40 is taking a massive risk.

tgo   
1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Which is a small part of the character concerns.

Listening to Dane Brugler it sounds like any team taking him in the top 40 is taking a massive risk.

He has tremendous upside, but I’d be disappointed or at least very tepid about it if he ends up being the pick.