Sign in to follow this  
titanskick8851

Titans - Draft Meetings/Visits/Workouts

56 minutes ago, WurthDraft said:

JJAW's not just a jump-ball guy. 

Two really nice videos going over his route running and such from some of the TDN guys.

Didn’t say he was just a jump ball guy. Was just identifying a trait that three I mentioned do very well.

10 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Didn’t say he was just a jump ball guy. Was just identifying a trait that three I mentioned do very well.

No worries, I know you didn't. Just pointing it out is all. 

6 hours ago, Tonyb said:

I like Jj aswell.. He looks like he can come in and be the number 2 on this team right away imo... A little worried about his ability to get seperation more consistently though..

Thanks for the breakdown on the others. Wasnt too familiar with them. Going to watch some more film on the others..

One other Guy I failed to mention, and got a chance to see play a little last yr (Jalen Hurd) 6-5 226.. Reminds me of a more Explosive Justin Mccariens lol.. Not the fastest guy but Hits second gear pretty quick.. Can also play Rb, Good hands, I really like him.. If J rob can snag him in the 4th or 5th I think that would be a good look..

What are your thoughts on him?

We know ALLLL about Jalen Hurd in TN. 

I'd love to have him. I think he could be a very solid player once he learns the position more. ... and could be an early contributor because of his RB and returning skillset. 

Edited by titanruss

Justafan   

Hurd is an interesting late-round prospect.  My gut is that someone will reach on him earlier and I wouldn't take him before the fifth.  

On 4/11/2019 at 6:24 AM, Soxcat said:

He was in a crappy system with a crappy QB. 

Yes, there are some things he doesn't do well.  But the things he does well are off the charts.  We actually had someone say they could just cover him with a LB and press him off the line.  One of the things DK does well is blow right past press coverage.  Once he gets a step you now have a 230 pound guy running a 4.3 40. 

In college they didn't run that many slants with him.  That is stupid because he can easily get leverage and space on those plays.  So no, as a slot WR he might not be great but as an X WR he could really thrive. 

HE WASNT EVEN THE BEST RECEIVER ON HIS TEAM JUST STAHHP

tgo   

I added the guys mentioned in this article to the list we already know. Here's another look at the local visit list: 

TE Dawson Knox - Ole Miss

CB Joejuan Williams - Vanderbilt

LB Jordan Griffin - Vanderbilt

DT Dare Odeyingo - Vanderbilt

C/G Bruno Reagan - Vanderbilt

WR Emmanuel Hall - Missouri

OL Byron Glass - Austin Peay

WR Jalen Hurd - Baylor

QB Kyle Shurmur - Vanderbilt

DB Ugo Amadi - Oregon

G/T Alex Bars - Notre Dame

WR DeVon Johnson - TSU

LB Tyrel Dodson - Texas A&M

As we've noted, the guys who attended non-local colleges went to high school in the Nashville area. 

17 hours ago, Tonyb said:

Emanuel Hall - WR - Missouri

Deebo Samuel - WR - South Carolina Diontae Johnson - WR - Toledo 

JJ Arcega-Whiteside - WrStandford

Gary Jennings - WR West Virginia

So Outside of deebo, who do you all like the most?

JJ

According to Matt Miller on today's Stick to Football Podcast we have significant interest in Marquise Brown and have done a tonne of work on him during the pre-draft process, apparently the Raiders/Colts/Titans are the teams rumored to have the most interest in Brown.

tgo   

@AussieTitanFan08 This isn’t terribly surprising to me given our interest in other highly ranked WR prospects. Given Daniel Jeremiah’s recent comments, it’s possible that the Titans are his floor. I think the Redskins will take him though. 

When you think about it, he may be the only truly game changing type player that we could take if other guys are gone.

At 19, you may be looking at taking a guard or a run stopping nose tackle..... Or a game breaking wide receiver with elite blue chip speed. 

Brown’s strength is the missing ingredient to our offensive personnel (QB arguments aside). 

Edited by tgo

1 minute ago, tgo said:

@AussieTitanFan08 This isn’t terribly surprising to me given our interest in other highly ranked WR prospects. Given Daniel Jeremiah’s recent comments, it’s possible that the Titans are his floor. I think the Redskins will take him though. 

When you think about it, he may be the only truly game changing type player that we could take if other guys are gone.

At 19, you may be looking at taking a guard or a run stopping nose tackle..... Or a game breaking wide receiver with elite blue chip speed. 

I wonder if this is JRob hoping to drum up trade interest for someone to trade up for Marquise Brown whether at pick #19 or for someone to trade in front of us which would push someone else down.

I just don't see us taking him in the first round, would be really surprised if it isn't IDL or IOL in the first round.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I wonder if this is JRob hoping to drum up trade interest for someone to trade up for Marquise Brown whether at pick #19 or for someone to trade in front of us which would push someone else down.

I just don't see us taking him in the first round, would be really surprised if it isn't IDL or IOL in the first round.

I’m going to be sad if I was the only guy on here thinking they go O weapon to change out to guessing OL, than this info comes out lol shoulda stuck to my guns