Sign in to follow this  
titanskick8851

Titans - Draft Meetings/Visits/Workouts

tgo   

And by the way, we looked at a lot of earlier round safeties heavily last year too and ended up drafting a DB in the 5th to just come in a be a great gunner. 

3 hours ago, Soxcat said:

I'm guessing Metcalf doesn't make it to us but if he did he would be a fantastic pick.

He could primarily run slants, go routes and bubble screens his first couple of years as he improves his route running.

However his influence on the offense would be immense as a big play guy and a guy who can stretch the defense.

It would not on only open things up for the other WRs and TEs but really help Henry.  Davis could have a pro-bowl season.

His agility drill numbers make him look like a lineman. If I was him, I'd change positions. 

abc2330   
3 hours ago, Soxcat said:

I'm guessing Metcalf doesn't make it to us but if he did he would be a fantastic pick.

He could primarily run slants, go routes and bubble screens his first couple of years as he improves his route running.

However his influence on the offense would be immense as a big play guy and a guy who can stretch the defense.

It would not on only open things up for the other WRs and TEs but really help Henry.  Davis could have a pro-bowl season.

Hell no.  He's good for some teams.  Not us.

Soxcat   

His size and speed would still be very valuable as an X WR.  He would command deep help.

He wouldn't be a guy who catches 100 balls a year (would help others catch a bunch of balls) but the passes he catches would have a high YPC.

This video made sense.

Many other similar WRs have had success in the NFL and with the signing of Humphries he is the element we are missing. 

abc2330   
6 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

His size and speed would still be very valuable as an X WR.  He would command deep help.

He wouldn't be a guy who catches 100 balls a year (would help others catch a bunch of balls) but the passes he catches would have a high YPC.

This video made sense.

Many other similar WRs have had success in the NFL and with the signing of Humphries he is the element we are missing. 

You could probably just put a LB on him or someone else who he can't push around at the LOS to press him.  He's got no agility at all.

And for such an athletic guy, coverage sure was tight on many of his plays.  It will be even tighter in the NFL, especially if he didn't have the tools to create separation as a route runner

Edited by abc2330

Jonboy   
5 hours ago, TheBukafax said:

Looking like they’re gonna draft DK Metcalf

What makes you think that? I haven't been as in the loop this year so I honestly don't know. I'd be a little surprised to see WR in R1 though.

tgo   

Wow Cosell going on and on about Lindstrom. Says he's the most athletic guard in the draft, really long arms, elite athletic ability, great feet movement, perfect for zone but also can play power/man. 

Started out with: "who we need to be talking about for the Titans is Chris Lindstrom from Boston College"

A side note from me on Lindstrom: some don't know this but he did start over 10 games at RT in his college career. 

Edited by tgo

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

Wow Cosell going on and on about Lindstrom. Says he's the most athletic guard in the draft, really long arms, elite athletic ability, great feet movement, perfect for zone but also can play power/man. 

Started out with: "who we need to be talking about for the Titans is Chris Lindstrom from Boston College"

A side note from me on Lindstrom: some don't know this but he did start over 10 games at RT in his college career. 

Yeah he had really good things to say about Lindstrom. He said good things about a lot of the interior OL. Sounds like this is a really good interior OL draft.

Justafan   
24 minutes ago, tgo said:

If the elite edge rushers are gone, I've come around to Lindstrom.  I've narrowed down the guys I would really be good within the first down to about 6 guys.  Lindstrom is solidly in those six guys.  

tgo   
8 minutes ago, Justafan said:

If the elite edge rushers are gone, I've come around to Lindstrom.  I've narrowed down the guys I would really be good within the first down to about 6 guys.  Lindstrom is solidly in those six guys.  

Yeah, 

I think the Titans ranking could look something like: 

1. Ed Oliver (way gone probably)

2. Christian Wilkins (likely gone)

3. Chris Lindstrom

4. Dexter Lawrence

5. Jeffery Simmons 

I don't think WR is likely at all, but I wouldn't totally rule out taking a Marquise Brown as a game-breaking WR, esp if they're considering taking one in the 2nd round which it looks like they are. 

But I've seen nothing out there linking the Titans to Brown (Or Metcalf).

And I bet they'd be more than happy to trade down and pick up an extra 2nd and still draft Lindstrom. 

Edited by tgo

45 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

What makes you think that? I haven't been as in the loop this year so I honestly don't know. I'd be a little surprised to see WR in R1 though.

It was more sarcasm than an honest thought. I made it off of the basis they are looking at massive WRs now.

Justafan   
1 minute ago, tgo said:

Yeah, 

I think the Titans ranking could look something like: 

1. Ed Oliver (way gone probably)

2. Christian Wilkins (likely gone)

3. Chris Lindstrom

4. Dexter Lawrence

5. Jeffery Simmons 

I don't think WR is likely at all, but I wouldn't totally rule out taking a Marquise Brown as a game-breaking WR, esp if they're considering taking one in the 2nd round which it looks like they are. 

But I've seen nothing out there linking the Titans to Brown (Or Metcalf).

Yea, I have a different list but our top 3 are the same.  I like Lawrence but I think he's a second round guy and I like Simmons but I'm just not big on drafting a guy who likely won't contribute much in round one.  

Ed Oliver

Hockenson

Burns

Lindstrom

Ferrell

Wilkins

All guys the Titans have shown significant interest in.  Oliver Hockenson and Burns are all likely gone.  

I'm not as big on Ferrell as some other prospects but the idea of adding a solid EDGE to this group is pretty big and controlling the cost for five years is a big deal.

The idea of plugging another elite level guard into this offensive line though and really solidifying the guys in front of Mariota has me intrigued.

I'm kind of like where you are though.  They have to address certain positions and I'll trust Jrob to figure out how to prioritize that because I trust in his ability to come away with a few quality picks.  

ctm   
1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

The Titans looking at another 2nd/3rd round safety?  Shocking!!

tgo   
1 minute ago, ctm said:

The Titans looking at another 2nd/3rd round safety?  Shocking!!

This has already been reported like a month ago. 

He's one of the two 2nd/3rd round safeties they brought in for visits.