Sign in to follow this  
titanskick8851

Titans - Draft Meetings/Visits/Workouts

On 4/6/2019 at 4:22 PM, charleytolar said:

If it's for a mid-1st and even a future 2nd and a 3rd, we'd be a fool NOT to... oh wait!

Any moron who would trade away an All Pro tackle in his 20's for a 1st round pick needs to quit watching football. At the VERY LEAST, quit commenting on football message boards. 

Soxcat   

The best strategy might be to accept the option and then see if he can string to real good years together and stay injury free.

Thing is if he bombs we cans till get out of the option but assure he is locked up another year. 

tgo   
5 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

The best strategy might be to accept the option and then see if he can string to real good years together and stay injury free.

Thing is if he bombs we cans till get out of the option but assure he is locked up another year. 

Yeah but then you lose out on a comp pick if he's released instead of getting one for declining the option. 

And also you probably lose out on Kelly who could depart for a starting job. 

Obviously those things would be worth it if Conklin has an All Pro year, but I'd say that's a big "if". 

Edited by tgo

Soxcat   

Conklin is 24 and Kelly is 29.  Either way the most we lose if dump Conklin is a comp pick and assuming he is let go because he isn't that great I'm not sure it is a real high pick.  Not giving Conklin the option means we had better sign either Kelly or Conklin after this year or we don't have a RT in 2020. 

Until I see differently I'll take Conklin over Kelly. 

tgo   

This hasn't been mentioned in enough detail, but Oklahoma guard Dru Samia met with the Titans OL coach at the Combine, the Senior Bowl, and then also had a private workout with Carter according to himself, talking to Turron Davenport in an interview last week. 

Edited by tgo

tgo   

Here are the players the Titans have shown heavy interest in that we know of so far, meeting with them multiple times this offseason: 

OLB Ed Oliver

OLB LJ Collier

OL Tytus Howard

LB Blake Cashman

OLB Derick Roberson

TE Dawson Knox

CB JoeJuan Williams

WR Ashton Dulin

G Dru Samia

CB Jimmy Moreland

G Chris Lindstrom

DL Christian Wilkins

G Michael Deiter

G Connor McGovern

DL Khalen Saunders

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

With Joejuan Williams, he is a local prospect, but do they consider the local pro day one thing and individual visits from local players another? Would it just be considered another private workout?

tgo   
7 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

With Joejuan Williams, he is a local prospect, but do they consider the local pro day one thing and individual visits from local players another? Would it just be considered another private workout?

They can meet with JoeJuan Williams over and over to their heart's content. 

7 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Any moron who would trade away an All Pro tackle in his 20's for a 1st round pick needs to quit watching football. At the VERY LEAST, quit commenting on football message boards. 

You are welcome to your opinion. Thanks for sharing. When was the last time Conklin was all-pro?

BTW, it was not my suggestion to trade Conklin; I was just suggesting a "fair" harvest.