Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
titanskick8851

Titans - Draft Meetings/Visits/Workouts

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, ctm said:

Lawrence has to be a consideration @19.  He seems like a guy that could help the entire front 7.....Casey, the OLBs and the ILBs.  If they think he can pass rush, then a good chance he's the pick.

If he can push the pocket he has a tremendous impact on the entire defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be so disappointing if Lawrence ended up being the pick at #19, a mostly 2 down run stuffer, would mean we would have 3 IDL in Jones/Johnson/Lawrence that don't really offer much in terms of getting pressure on the QB on 3rd down.

 

Give me an injured Simmons or even Wilkins because in a quick passing league you need guys that can get quick up the middle pressure.

 

You can get giant space eating run stuffers later in the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tomachek   
5 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Would be so disappointing if Lawrence ended up being the pick at #19, a mostly 2 down run stuffer, would mean we would have 3 IDL in Jones/Johnson/Lawrence that don't really offer much in terms of getting pressure on the QB on 3rd down.

 

Give me an injured Simmons or even Wilkins because in a quick passing league you need guys that can get quick up the middle pressure.

 

You can get giant space eating run stuffers later in the draft.

I watched Simmons vs Alabama this morning and came away unimpressed. I don't see all the hype.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tomachek said:

I watched Simmons vs Alabama this morning and came away unimpressed. I don't see all the hype.

Need to watch more than just one game, he is a destructive inside pass rushing presence, many compare him to Fletcher Cox from the Eagles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tgo said:

 

I just do not see it. When has the last true NT (340 lbs+) that was drafted in the 1st Round actually lived up to the pick/investment/expectation? 

Vita Vea (2018) - Jury still out, did improve during 2nd half of rookie year

Vernon Butler (2016) - Not so good

Danny Shelton (2015) - Good player, but not a true difference maker

Dontari Poe (2012) - Looked look early, fizzled out

 

There are not many drafted early in the 1st round, because it is tough to get the actual return on investment.


IDL is definitely possible (Oliver, Wilkins, Simmons), but only way they get Lawrence is if he makes it to the 2nd Round or they trade up in that round. 

Edited by titanskick8851

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tomachek   
26 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Need to watch more than just one game, he is a destructive inside pass rushing presence, many compare him to Fletcher Cox from the Eagles.

Florida game done, still unimpressed. You want to tell me what game he looks like Fletcher Cox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

Florida game done, still unimpressed. You want to tell me what game he looks like Fletcher Cox.

Kentucky/Iowa/Ole Miss/Kansas St are the 2018 games that I have seen some draft analysts reference in their scouting reports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tomachek   
16 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Kentucky/Iowa/Ole Miss/Kansas St are the 2018 games that I have seen some draft analysts reference in their scouting reports.

So you never watched him, your just going by the media says. I watched the Iowa clips, it's the first game where I saw an impact. Still disappointing you don't get the same player week to week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tomachek said:

So you never watched him, your just going by the media says. I watched the Iowa clips, it's the first game where I saw an impact. Still disappointing you don't get the same player week to week. 

Watched a few of his games this year (TV broadcast not all 22 film) also watched a lot of highlights/scouting breakdown clips.

 

That is the best thing about the draft process, two people can watch the same player and come away with two entirely different opinions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pro day at Tennessee was basically a one-man workout as underrated pass rusher Kyle Phillips was the main and only attraction.  The defensive end did not disappoint for the 19 teams that showed up.

Phillips, who many believed deserved an invitation to the combine, turned heads at last weekends regional combine in Kansas City then improved on many of his marks during today’s workout.

 

Today he measured 6040 and 277 pounds, two pounds heavier than his weight from the regional combine, then timed between 4.65 to 4.68 seconds in the 40.  He touched 32.5 inches in the vertical jump and 9-feet-7 in the broad jump.  He was timed at 4.59 seconds in the short shuttle and 7.28 seconds in the three-cone last weekend.

 

Phillips was run through defensive end and linebacker drills today, looking solid in both.

He has met with the Kansas City Chiefs, Carolina Panthers, Tennessee Titans, New York Giants as well as the San Diego Chargers since the regional combine.  The Chargers have also set a private workout with Phillips.

Phillips is getting a lot of interest from the pass rushing needy Buffalo Bills and New York Jets and has met with both squads.

 

While many project Phillips as a priority free agent, we’ve stamped him as a late round pick based off his play in 2018 coupled with his performances since January.

Phillips was one of the better players during Shrine Game practices and has now laid down a pair of terrific workouts for NFL teams.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...