Titans - Draft Meetings/Visits/Workouts

titanskick8851

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I vote an automatic ban on anyone who quotes that monster titanskick post. Have some pity in those of us on mobile devices. 

Lol tremendous anticipation.    Sorry just though that was funny. He knows the route and there's no rush or DB to screw up the timing. What's there to anticipate?   Dude might be g

Hello all, I figure we should have a place again to post all the Draft Prospect Meetings and Visits that are set up over the next couple of months. Although we are only about 2-weeks in, we once again

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Exactly.  We will draft one at some point and maybe earlier than people think.  Kyle Shurmur (son of Pat Shurmur) could be a guy they look at later in the draft. 

Tyree Jackson is interesting, and we do have interest in him. Has a cannon for an arm and can't make all the throws. Never had a QB coach, so his mechanics are trash. If a team can fix his mechanics his accuracy should improve dramatically.

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

What does acquiring Tannehill have to do with anything.  His main function is to backup an often crippled Mariota.  In fact Tannehill might end up the starter after we draft a QB. 

Lol yeah ok how is that going to work, someone is willing to pick up Marcus and 20 mill in a trade. Marcus is here for 2019 stopping buying into the nonsense. They trade a pick for a QB (Tanny on a one year deal at that) pick up the 20 mill option on the the one they have and then spend the first round pick on another QB, all this with a team that's a few players away from serious contention.

Edited by Huston

10 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Why does anyone need to pick up the $20 mil.  If he is cut before the season begins they can pay him anything they want.  We aren't trading him. 

That is why the trade for Tannehill could make sense and that is how it is going to work if the right guy is available to draft.

As for spending a 1st on a QB it is either this year or next.  What difference does that make?  I stated I'd prefer we trade for Rosen because I think he is a better option than a QB we might get in this draft. 

As far as contention......  we will only go as far as our QB takes us anyway and if we have to play Tannehill while a rookie is waiting for his chance so be it.  The immature way of looking at this is to postpone using the pick until next year because we want to see more excitement with the pick tonight.  The mature way is to do what is in the team's best interest long term.  Send Marcus packing and use the $20 mil to sign some guys for the short term like Suh. 

Mariotas contract is fully guaranteed

"When a team exercises the option, it becomes guaranteed for injury only. If the player is on the team’s roster at the start of the League Year in his option season, his salary becomes fully guaranteed for skill, cap and injury."

Once the new league year began it was guaranteed.  Only way to shed the 20 mill is to trade him

12 minutes ago, cshumak2 said:

Mariotas contract is fully guaranteed

"When a team exercises the option, it becomes guaranteed for injury only. If the player is on the team’s roster at the start of the League Year in his option season, his salary becomes fully guaranteed for skill, cap and injury."

Once the new league year began it was guaranteed.  Only way to shed the 20 mill is to trade him

Thank you, seemed pretty obvious to me and his has nothing to do with what you think about Marcus. The only way this would make sense is if the Titans have loved Lock for awhile and already have a trade partner willing to pick up a often injured QB for 20 mill and give up a pick while doing so.

11 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

It does if we really wanted to draft a QB.  I'm not betting we take a QB.  Just saying it isn't out of the range of possibility.

Everything we know about Jrob says it is.

30 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I suppose they could still trade him agreeing to pay a significant part of his $20 mil.  

Considering how much they're saving on Tannehill, you could be right.

I just don't think it works out like that.  A lot will depend on whether or not Marcus wants to stay, or agrees it's best for all concerned if he's gone.  He may be amenable to any number of scenarios if he's lost faith in the franchise.

11 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Yea but one of the players is a QB

The fact that this team just became good enough to even have a shot at winning a game with anyone not named Marcus starting wether healthy or not was last year. So that really shows how much you know about the position.

Edited by Huston

40 minutes ago, Huston said:

The fact that this team just became good enough to even have a shot at winning a game with anyone not named Marcus starting wether healthy or not was last year. So that really shows how much you know about the position.

We'll see

• Jonboy unpinned this topic