Titans - Draft Meetings/Visits/Workouts

titanskick8851

9 hours ago, prometheus said:

Simmons has been my #19 since day one.  Others if he is gone are Lawrence, Wilkins, Tillery, Sweat.  Oliver would be #1 but I would not trade up to get him.  Draft is too deep in our need positions to give up picks.

pro

Pretty much my thoughts. I'm starting to feel like trading back. In all the sims I've done, the value drops off after round 3. Top 10 aren't worth the trades. Between picks 15 and 60. there are tons of great players. I'd rather have 3 of them instead of 2. I don't see a big difference in 2nd rounders and bottom 1st rounders. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I vote an automatic ban on anyone who quotes that monster titanskick post. Have some pity in those of us on mobile devices. 

Lol tremendous anticipation.    Sorry just though that was funny. He knows the route and there's no rush or DB to screw up the timing. What's there to anticipate?   Dude might be g

Hello all, I figure we should have a place again to post all the Draft Prospect Meetings and Visits that are set up over the next couple of months. Although we are only about 2-weeks in, we once again

Posted Images

10 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I would gamble on Simmons upside rather than taking Wilkins/Lawrence, we need guys that could be true difference makers.

Me too. Tired of these "solid players." I want a fucking monster that teams have to game plan against. 

On 4/21/2019 at 7:58 AM, tgo said:

Someone made a good point earlier - the thing that is interesting is that an outside speed WR is the one elusive piece that Robinson has pursued but been unable to acquire - Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, etc. 

If he has a chance to draft probably the fastest WR in the NFL who is a legit WR, he may choose to do so. 

I'm not saying we won't draft Hollywood, but Jrob did have the chance to draft John Ross and decided to go with Corey instead.  So technically Jrob had the opportunity to acquire the fastest WR ever.

7 minutes ago, LangeSohne said:

I'm not saying we won't draft Hollywood, but Jrob did have the chance to draft John Ross and decided to go with Corey instead.  So technically Jrob had the opportunity to acquire the fastest WR ever.

Yeah John Ross sucks, so that's probably why he drafted Corey Davis. And a no. 1 WR like Corey Davis is priority over a blazing flanker, so he put that piece in place first. 

23 hours ago, prometheus said:

Simmons has been my #19 since day one.  Others if he is gone are Lawrence, Wilkins, Tillery, Sweat.  Oliver would be #1 but I would not trade up to get him.  Draft is too deep in our need positions to give up picks.

pro

Couldn’t agree more

http://draftanalyst.com/earlier-we-think

Ty Summers/LB/TCU: Summers has really flown under the radar outside of the scouting community despite outstanding workouts during the combine and pro day. His 40-yard dash time of 4.51 seconds was in the top third of linebackers at the combine, and it was an outstanding mark for a prospect who measures 6017 and 241 pounds. The versatility to be a run-and-chase linebacker on the inside and a coverage ‘backer on the outside is helping to push Summers up draft boards. Considered by most to be a late-round pick, it’s not out of the question that Summers lands in the fourth round. Three teams who have an early grade on Summers include the Indianapolis Colts, Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens.

Evans played RT previously. 

From Zierlein: 

Three-year starter with tackle experience on both sides who plays with excellent core strength, good hand placement and a noticeable nasty streak. Evans is below average as an athlete but makes up for it with upper-body power and solid technique. Despite being under 6-foot-5, his arm length (34 3/4 inches) might convince a team to try him at right tackle before any moves inside. He might be scheme-dependent, but strength and toughness give him a shot at becoming a good backup with eventual starter potential.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic